Tennis Forum banner

101 - 120 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Just shows how bad the level is right now despite some posters trying to sell a strong era with amazing depth.

Golovin and Clijsters, two retired players who were commentators, became so tired of the useless players unable to take advantage of Serena's footwork that they decided to do it themselves.
and who the hell is Golovin and what has she ever done in her career to be "so tired of the useless players unable to take advantage of Serena's footwork that she decided to do it herself.":spit:

clijsters is one of the most gifted woman to pick up a racquet ,but golovin ?you really are taking the piss if you believe golovin even in her prime would be anything special by today's standards ,let alone old golovin:wavey:

·
Milk and honey
3,226 Posts
Having now read the full interview, Tati does state how she'll still have to learn have to "manage the pain" whilst playing competitive tennis regularly again, and that her back still causes her some problems, despite the effect of the new medications numbing it a little. :erm:

Hopefully she can at least have a clean-ish bill of health for a few months, I believe that she still has it in her. She's shockingly only 31, having retired 11 years ago at barely 20 years old. I'm not expecting great success but she always had a great fighting spirit and a good mental strength to go along with her fantastic strokes. Cannot wait to see her back on the tour and truly wishing her the very best :inlove: her and Clijsters are reviving some of my interest in tennis which has been on a slow but steady decline for a while now.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Golovin was decent (never great) for like 3 years from 2006-08... why are people reacting like she is some Hall of Famer. The only thing she was notable for is having the flattest ass in the history of the tour.

This is going to be a total fail.
Pure nostalgia.

Come to think of it, Dementieva has the kind of cult status that would have you believe she is one of the most naturally talented players to have ever competed.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Golovin was decent (never great) for like 3 years from 2006-08... why are people reacting like she is some Hall of Famer. The only thing she was notable for is having the flattest ass in the history of the tour.

This is going to be a total fail.
Everyone knows she underachieved because she retired as a teenager and was injured for most of her short career, but she was hugely talented and the WTA will be better off for having her return regardless of results.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Everyone knows she underachieved because she retired as a teenager and was injured for most of her short career, but she was hugely talented and the WTA will be better off for having her return regardless of results.
you mean the ITF circuit will be better off ,because that's where she will be spending most of her time:shrug:

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
This is crazy especially as there was some joking around in Kim's thread that she should. OMFG, YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! the career that never was, maybe its time. Now I just want Hingis to come back and win some more Mixed/Doubles slams. 25 Slams is nice but she really should have at least 30. Awww! I can dream :SNE:

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm having the work week from hell and these comebacks are giving me the life I need right now lmao Always loved tati was so sad her career was cut short, I hope she can have some fun out there

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
OMG YAS :tears:

Everybody see this tour as a huge joke , if Serena can get to 4 slam finals by barely playing hell , these kids have no chance against them :tears:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
OMG YAS :tears:

Everybody see this tour as a huge joke , if Serena can get to 4 slam finals by barely playing hell , these kids have no chance against them :tears:
yeah such a huge joke that none of these past greats (Tati isn't even a great obv) including Serena have won a single trophy for years .so easy:rolleyes:

it would be a christmas miracle if Golovin got past 2R of a slam .

i don't even know how she'd get into a slam to begin with:shrug:

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
yeah such a huge joke ,none of these past greats have won a single trophy for years including Serena .so easy:rolleyes:

it would be a christmas miracle if Golovin got past 2R of a slam .

i don't even know how she'd get into a slam to begin with:shrug:
Kim came back and won 3 slams , this tour is a joke and easy pickings. Serena 4 finals who cares if she wins the trophy or not, heck none of yous would do that at her age.
These kids can't even beat them when they are much slower.

Everybody should come back and teach them a lesson about tennis.
We have 4 different slams winners again this year, a true joke.

101 - 120 of 277 Posts