Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 277 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
She needs to get a WC into Wuhan. Would love to see Li Na vs Kvitova as the final! :hearts:
How great would that be! Wuhan exists because of Li Na - they'll make damn sure she gets a WC! They should release her movie at the same time to really boost interest :lol: I'm still tickled by the fact that Cibulkova made a cameo in the movie and re-enacted the AO final for the film.

·
Milk and honey
3,234 Posts
OH MY GOD Tati :tears:

One of my first ever faves as a kid, coming back after over a decade away from the sport, what is going on this week :hysteric:

I can’t believe this, the most excitement I’ve felt for most of this tennis season :inlove:

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
US Open 2019 prize money 3R - 163k
USO 2010 prize money 3R - 50k
Girl yes, errrbody broke and good enough to make a million a year.

#capitalism

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
Queen!! :worship:

Hard to even imagine what her level will be considering she was like 21 when she retired, but i'm excited to see her again. October is so soon! Please take care of that body...

I wonder who will be next... is Kournikova going to come back and snatch all these girls' endorsements?

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,390 Posts
Quite a surprise, definitely did not see this coming!

It’s been so long so definitely no expectations here but would be great if she were healthy and able to play some great tennis again

·
Registered
593 Posts
OK but wait....

Do career ending back injuries just disappear over time or was it all a sham?

Confused...
According to the translation...

Why choose to return to the circuit 11 years later?
I stopped because my body could no longer meet the demands of high performance sport because of my illness. But, for 18 months, I have been asked several times to come and talk about my illness. And meeting doctors on these occasions, I learned that there were treatments that could possibly allow me to come back. So while I was mourning my career at just 20 years old, maybe I can take it back today.

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
Current state of WTA:...

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Why would Tatiana announce this the day after Clysters?

This makes it look like trolling of the Clysters comeback hype, especially since this interview is so short and lacking details.

She's a consultant for beIN Sports, the site that publishes this exclusive info. It could just be a lame attempt at getting the media attention for some other project.

If it is serious, I think she'll do a comeback à la Patty Schnyder, i.e. progressing from the lowest ITF level.

21 - 40 of 277 Posts