Tennis Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Any updates on Tati's comeback?
She is probably comming back to retirement.
I just looked in the French media and apparently she was planning to play the Andrezieux-Boutheon $60k at the end of Jan but she has been struggling with an abdominal injury. That ab injury was mentioned in the early comeback articles so I think it has been bothering her for a while. She was training in Florida and it seems like she's still out there.

·
Registered
37,473 Posts

·
Registered
7,105 Posts
KDK was quite astonishing. For her limited ability and height. That was all mentality bad quite literally timing of her strokes.

I can’t call another woman who took the ball so early and off the rise as her, very limited back swing. Aggissi-esque

·
Registered
911 Posts
KDK was quite astonishing. For her limited ability and height. That was all mentality bad quite literally timing of her strokes.

I can’t call another woman who took the ball so early and off the rise as her, very limited back swing. Aggissi-esque
I'd argue Kimiko had more ability in her pinkie finger than most of the current players on tour. executing her style of play requires an incredible level of skill. I realise you were being complimentary in other respects though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
i have been much more excited by the possible return of tatiana than kim.

tati was always a favourite of mine, but her injuries were heartbreaking.

to be brutally honest i'm not expecting much from her, but to see her on a court again would be great.
let's hope we can see glimpses of her best.

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
Golovin: «Si c’était facile, tout le monde tenterait un come-back». La Française a annoncé son retour à la compétition un jour après Kim Clijsters. Elle évoque les difficultés de ce come-back, 11 ans après. «Je suis actuellement en pause...» ⁦⁦⁦ @sudpresseonline

She is currently in Miami with her kids, she has a hand injury. She is on a break and she is taking her time

·
Registered
18 Posts
Golovin: «Si c’était facile, tout le monde tenterait un come-back». La Française a annoncé son retour à la compétition un jour après Kim Clijsters. Elle évoque les difficultés de ce come-back, 11 ans après. «Je suis actuellement en pause...» ⁦⁦⁦ @sudpresseonline

She is currently in Miami with her kids, she has a hand injury. She is on a break and she is taking her time
If she works hard on her physical fitness during this period, taking her time could be good for her.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If she works hard on her physical fitness during this period, taking her time could be good for her.
As long as she's not rushing herself it's good, she could work on her core and overall stamina now, so hopefully she's doing that.

·
Registered
24,015 Posts
What was the last successful comeback from long time retirement? I cannot recall any
Kimiko, Dokic, Lucic, Hingis, Navratilova, Vera?

Depending on your definition of long, Justine and Kim? Who else has had a baby and come back to moderate success?

Also, Barty. I don't know all the timelines for all of these offhand though.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would say Lucic. She came back on her own, with no support by anybody. And she had to work her a** off for it. From qualies of futures to Grand Slam SF. Step by step. No idea how she managed it but at the end she even got back to level she was at her peak.

KDK was good comeback, but she did not have results like before. Still a great story.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I would say Lucic. She came back on her own, with no support by anybody. And she had to work her a** off for it. From qualies of futures to Grand Slam SF. Step by step. No idea how she managed it but at the end she even got back to level she was at her peak.

KDK was good comeback, but she did not have results like before. Still a great story.
Sevastova wasn't that old but she also came back and played small ITFs in Egypt. Few years later she reached Grand Slam SF...

281 - 298 of 298 Posts