Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sharapova has decided to part ways with close friend and coach Thomas Hogstedt. After Wimbledon, Sharapova went to Italy to train with Riccardo Piatti to tune her game, especially her serve, net game and groundstrokes. They worked on the technical aspects of her game.

She has yet to announce her new coach. I think we will see who it is soon enough.

I would link the story but it's very hot off the press and there are cohesion issues with the story.

Hogstead is now working with Rebecca Peterson. They have been working together since Wimbledon and Sharapova is happy for him to coach a Swede but as always, is focusing on the details, especially the serve. Piatti said she is healthy, motivated and believes that if she can stay healthy, she can return to the top.

Edit: There is definitely more big Masha news to come. She keeps hinting at "Big News" she can't wait to announce...stay tuned. No idea if the coach change is the news or if it's related to fashion or Sugarpova or even Wedding Bells.

https://www.ubitennis.net/2019/08/report-maria-sharapova-split-coach/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

·
Registered
87,248 Posts
At least she plays always the same, doesn´t matter who is her coach, same like Venus..

Reactions: TERRASTAR18

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Sumyk is out of work :eek:h:

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Apparently Kuznetsov has updated his insta bio to say tennis coach. Remains to be seen if it's permanent or temporary I guess

·
Registered
811 Posts
The combo of $100mil+ in the bank and a boyfriend that has not worked a day in his life is a powerful demotivator. Who would really have patience to spend their days hitting tennis balls watched by Hoggi in those circumstances really

·
Registered
10,037 Posts
feels like Lendl would be a perfect fit atm.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I thought Maria had Hogstedt castrated from the title.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts