Tennis Forum banner

581 - 593 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
From now on players are not allowed to add sugar to their tea or coffee. Oh, no, just wait a moment - caffeine is a stimulant, isn't it? 🤓 They'll have to stick to water and milk. 😇
But I heard water is performance enhancing too. Maybe athletes should just live on thin air. Might be less interesting to viewers, watching malnorished athletes slugging it out, but at least everything will be fair. :geek:

·
Registered
14,185 Posts
Sports drinks like lucozade are promoted as performance enhancing. Does this mean glucose should be added to WADAs little list? :unsure:
But I heard water is performance enhancing too. Maybe athletes should just live on thin air. Might be less interesting to viewers, watching malnorished athletes slugging it out, but at least everything will be fair. :geek:
Your false equivocation gets you no-where.

He said mildronate was described by its creator as a performance enhancing DRUG. Read and comprehend. Has anyone referred to Lucozade or water as drugs? No, because they are not.

Doping is doping. Concealment is concealment. The facts are laid bare. Deal with them.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

He said mildronate was described by its creator as a performance enhancing DRUG. Read and comprehend. Has anyone referred to Lucozade or water as drugs? No, because they are not.

Doping is doping. Concealment is concealment. The facts are laid bare. Deal with them.
It was a joke! 🤣 Where's your sensayuma? 😨

·
Premium Member
14,215 Posts

Actually it's not even the drug part that is a false equivalence. The very idea that a glucose drink is "performance enhancing" is nonsense.

Performance enhancing does not simply mean that you perform better having ingested it than if you went without. As has been pointed out, that would apply to food and water. Something is not performance enhancing on the basis that you would starve or dehydrate without it.

A performance enhancing drug is a substance that enables you to perform better than you would otherwise do at full health.

So food, water, pain killers, legitimate medicine given for legitimate ailments are not performance enhancing because they merely allow you to achieve your optimal health and fitness. They don't enable you to exceed your optimal healthy state.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts

That wasn't really the point anyway . I was just pointing out that the way something is marketed is different to what it actually does. I think there's a real cultural clash and willed misunderstanding of use of mildronate in Russia.

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
Actually it's not even the drug part that is a false equivalence. The very idea that a glucose drink is "performance enhancing" is nonsense.
Of course it's nonsense. But lucozade market it that way....

Maybe I should have put sarcasm detector around my post. I thought it was obvious that I just didn't want to be out-sarcasmed by kiwi guy but ...meh.

·
Registered
880 Posts
From now on players are not allowed to add sugar to their tea or coffee. Oh, no, just wait a moment - caffeine is a stimulant, isn't it? 🤓 They'll have to stick to water and milk. 😇
actually, nutrition enhances your performance hehe as well as training. ban! hehehe.

NOT regarding this case, I LOVE the debate about fairness and training and doping and morals and equality.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That wasn't really the point anyway . I was just pointing out that the way something is marketed is different to what it actually does. I think there's a real cultural clash and willed misunderstanding of use of mildronate in Russia.
True. Why would marketing should be the base on judging something as to what actually is?
Scientific evidence is what should be the decision maker. And experts have criticized lack of evidence that Meldonium has anything to do with doping.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don’t understand why Nike collaborates with Sharapova, who was convicted of doping?
How can doper advertise sporting goods ?!

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I don’t understand why Nike collaborates with Sharapova, who was convicted of doping?
How can doper advertise sporting goods ?!
Nike doesn't care about ethics and morals. They only care about the $$$. As long as she brings them the $$$ they'll keep her on contract.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Because even after she retired, Sharapova still generates hundreds of people on this thread...yeah, that's why. Stay pressed lol.

581 - 593 of 593 Posts