Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
13,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maria Sharapova has announced her retirement from tennis via an essay written for Vanity Fair and Vogue.

Article here.

Well, this was surprising and certainly out of nowhere. Thought she'd grind it out for a year or so to see where it takes her but I guess it's the right decision after the past few years and her current ranking. So her last ever match was a first round loss to Donna Vekic at the AO...

Though the way she announced it wasn't what I was expecting - thought it'd be through a glamorous PC or something, but no. AN ESSAY.

·
Registered
17,784 Posts
End of an era! It really is too bad that one of tennis’ greatest stories of the last couple of decades has been tarnished by a doping scandal. Her legacy will always be under review, and even her titanic fighting spirit will always be questioned because of meldonium. For better or for worse, whether it’s for her performances or for something else, Maria helped put tennis on the front pages, and that’s not nothing. And that’s why she’ll remain one of its most well-known stars.

·
Registered
40,274 Posts
Somebody please tell me the carpet was nice!!!

Honestly I’m quite sad about this! I liked her even with all the stigma, I’ll miss her enjoy your new life Maria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48,388 Posts
WHAT?!!!!! good luck in the future, she'll probably be fine anyway

1 - 20 of 593 Posts