Registered
82,861 Posts
I am so so so sad.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
This makes me so sad :-(

Not surprising though. End of an era.

With Aga and Caro gone and Ula basically MIA, Angie will probably be the last Polish sister on tour.

·
Registered
28,617 Posts
Well, I'm not her biggest fan but she was one of the most relevant players of the decade who left a mark in the tennis world. She can be very proud of what she's achieved. Her retirement doesn't come as a surprise. After winning Melbourne in 2018, she never really looked the same and lost most of her motivation + all the health issues she had to deal with. Best of wishes for her post-tennis life!

·
Registered
82,861 Posts

·
Registered
18,744 Posts
Beautiful Dane, so sad it must happen. She will be truly missed. I wish her all the best in the next chapter of her life.

·
Milk and honey
3,264 Posts
This was expected tbh, although I thought she'd hold on until the US Open or the Olympics. I'm not going to be fake or disingenuous and say that I'll sorely miss her, but I grew to respect Caroline for the great career that she has had and the fight and attitude she displayed on the court in every match, for better or worse. Wishing her all the best in the next stage of her life. (y)

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Such a lovely personality on court, always treating officials with respect and such a beautiful game. I'll miss her so much.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I really liked her in 2008 and 2009 but she just became too arrogant, like a lot of younger players. However, she was an amazing fighter and a tough opponent to beat, sometimes also very underrated.

Her career was also a rollercoaster, a lot of ups and downs, especially in 2016. Credit to her she won the Australian Open last year. Wish her all the best.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
This is so sad :( I thought she would at least play till the Olympics. 2020 is going to be a really sad year in general I feel :confused:

All the best Caro for your post tennis future!

·
Registered
112,893 Posts
I thought she would retire in the off season, at the AO, or after the Olympics. When she didnt try to win a title for the 12th straight year, and I could see that from her schedule after NY, I figured she was looking past tennis. I thought Wozniacki was a joy to watch. Full effort for hours and hours day after day week after week

1 - 20 of 198 Posts