Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 1074 Posts

· Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,292 Posts
I found this wonderful article on HingisNews.net so i just had to post it, it's making me feel like bouncing some more!

Martina Hingis...why tennis wouldn't be the same

By Matthew Allen
Date: 27/1/2002

When you think of Martina Hingis, you think champion, tennis legend, number 1 in the world. When you think of tennis, you think of Martina Hingis.....

Martina Hingis is a 5 time grand slam singles winner and a winner of 39 singles titles. She
seems like a veteran of tennis, when infact she is the youngest player in the top 4! Women's
tennis has accellerated over the past few years, a lot of the acceleration is due to Hingis, who
dominated the WTA tour from 1997 through to 1999 and still today has only just lost the number
1 ranking and will without a doubt regain it.

Although Hingis hasn't won a Grand Slam title since the Australian Open 1999, she has been a
finalist in 12 Grand Slams and just recently reached her sixth consecutive Australian Open Final.

Now in 2002, Hingis looks better than ever - hitting the ball with more power and precision and is finally happy in her personal life - which was a huge downfall in her game in 2001.

An exploitation of Hingis' failures have hurt her media wise and personally. Everyone seems to focus
on the negative points of her career, every champion has negative points, but everyone seems to forget all the incredible positives. With many titles to her name - youngest number 1 ever, youngest player ever to win a Grand Slam in the Open Era, 4th in number of weeks spent at number 1, Hingis still has the fire in her belly and the passion for tennis.

Alot of the players on the WTA have forgotten the passion, Hingis being the expception. She loves
tennis, and the tennis world love Hingis. Having asked many people who they thought of when I said
the word "tennis", 9/10 of the times they said Martina Hingis. She has had such an impact on the
tennis world, and still to this day and beyond continues to weave her magic on the court.

Tennis would suffer if they didn't have Hingis, who would be the consistent star to appear at and win many tournaments a year? Who would be the genius of tennis history? Who would be so passionate about the sport and support it 100%? The answer is, no one could, not up to Hingis' standard anyway.

So as we look forward to yet another successful season on the tour in 2002, Tennis should thank
their lucky stars they have such an incredible talent on their WTA tour in Martina Hingis.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

· The Smiling Assassin, Administrator
3,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah great article!! thanks *Martina_fan*!!!

never gonna get tired of bouncing for Martina! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

· Banned
14,953 Posts
Great article!Hey Buttercup

· Registered
31,563 Posts
:wavey: I like to share this with all Tina fans...i always found comfort in this passage...

<center> <B>we are afflicted in every way but not crushed
perplexed but not driven to despair
persecuted but not forsaken
constantly struck down but never destroyed</B>

· Banned
14,953 Posts
Does anyone know if Anna and Martina are playing doubles here???:confused:

· Banned
14,953 Posts
Very beautiful,gorecki!!:angel:

· Registered
6,315 Posts
Keep those beautiful posts/articles coming!!!!

Great jobs guys!!!!

OUr love for Marti keeps going stronger everyday!!!!!:angel: :bounce: :kiss: :hearts:

· Banned
1,627 Posts
very nice article...

i'm glad you like my post, cos typing all those smilies took some time...

the spice girls aren't playing in tokyo as a team....

that's good marti...get some rest....

anna can concentrate on her singles....

but all this bouncing is making me feel dizzy....and my ass is burning! <marquee>

</marquee>

let's go anna! let's go martina!

· Registered
6,315 Posts
can't help it.:bounce: :kiss: :angel:

· Registered
6,315 Posts
:eek: :bounce: :eek:

21 - 40 of 1074 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.