Tennis Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1578 Posts

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Nope just using logic.
Yes, using logic while not having a clue about the agreement both parties have with their respective law firms.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Genie doesn't need the money because she's already filthy rich and has millions but it will certainly be nice compensation for all that she's been through due to the USTA's idiocy.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Wow. It's shocking to think all this happened 2 and a half years ago. I feel like, that was the last time Bouchard was truly relevant. She had been in horrible form for a lot of 2015, but then at the USO, it all clicked again. I remember how a lot of people were talking up the win against Cibulkova, and it was a really gutsy one.

I mean, I think she should definitely get all that she can, because nobody knows what could have happened had she played that 4R match. Could she have beaten Vinci? Possibly, even though Roberta had fed her a bagel and breadstick from the bakery just a week prior. And then... who knows! Bouchard was never a world-beater, but she had the game to be a somewhat inconsistent high-level floater.

But then again, this whole ordeal just shows the difference between a champion and Bouchard. It's not even about the fact she hasn't won a title since 2014 (her only one), but that she can't move past this. This is what she constantly circles back to when explaining her abysmal form and results. She was fully healed from the concussion in 2016—it's been two years! Kvitova went through way worse, and literally 18 months later, she's in (pretty much) slam-winning form again. A real champion would have put this aside two years ago, but Bouchard goes on Twitter dates, while getting bageled by god knows who in Taiwan.

·
Registered
37,692 Posts
If this does happen and she suddenly starts training and playing top tennis again, I hope USTA sues her right back...
Hingis pulled off something similar. Retired in early 2003, sued Sergio Tacchini for $40 million bucks (for making crappy shoes that destroyed her feet), and kept saying that "it would take a miracle" for her to come back, just until Tacchini settled for an undisclosed amount of money. She then came back like two months later.

I guess we all have our own definition of "miracle". :eek:h:

·
Registered
31,718 Posts
Hingis pulled off something similar. Retired in early 2003, sued Sergio Tacchini for $40 million bucks (for making crappy shoes that destroyed her feet)
Jankovic should do the same to the Chinese company that ended her career, while she was world #1.:hysteric:

·
Registered
15,066 Posts
As others have said....it would be beyong funny if Genie has been playing the waiting game for2 and half years and as soon as she gets her money she will be back to top 10 tennis.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Wow. It's shocking to think all this happened 2 and a half years ago. I feel like, that was the last time Bouchard was truly relevant. She had been in horrible form for a lot of 2015, but then at the USO, it all clicked again. I remember how a lot of people were talking up the win against Cibulkova, and it was a really gutsy one.

I mean, I think she should definitely get all that she can, because nobody knows what could have happened had she played that 4R match. Could she have beaten Vinci? Possibly, even though Roberta had fed her a bagel and breadstick from the bakery just a week prior. And then... who knows! Bouchard was never a world-beater, but she had the game to be a somewhat inconsistent high-level floater.

But then again, this whole ordeal just shows the difference between a champion and Bouchard. It's not even about the fact she hasn't won a title since 2014 (her only one), but that she can't move past this. This is what she constantly circles back to when explaining her abysmal form and results. She was fully healed from the concussion in 2016—it's been two years! Kvitova went through way worse, and literally 18 months later, she's in (pretty much) slam-winning form again. A real champion would have put this aside two years ago, but Bouchard goes on Twitter dates, while getting bageled by god knows who in Taiwan.
Now, now... let's turn it down a bit about Petra. She still hasn't done a thing at the majors... losing to Petkovic?! :scared: :unsure... so let's wait on proclaiming her back just yet.

Reactions: d_b_prince

·
Registered
9,220 Posts
FOR REAL, THIS IS LEGENDARY STUFF:

"“Because she is such a high-profile player, and does have a lot of sponsor commitments, she has to be out there,” Morelli said. “Also, it’s generating at least some income for her, because she’s had such a problem making income during these tournaments ever since she’s been hurt.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/19/sports/tennis/eugenie-bouchards-lawsuit-usta.html

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Opening arguments in at #BouchardVsUSTA.

USTA is shifting significant responsibility to WTA, whose trainers they say indicated that all players had left for the night before USTA staff applied slippery floor cleaner. Reiterating that USTA and WTA are separate
Interesting.... Not sure that defense is gonna hold water.

·
Registered
31,718 Posts
Interesting.... Not sure that defense is gonna hold water.
Why would the WTA have any responsibility/authority on the grounds of a USTA facility? It´s their house. Furthermore isn´t it sort of mandatory to put a slippery ground sign up? Unless Bouchard gained unauthorized access to a restricted or closed area that seems like a weak defense.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Poor girl, what did she get herself into. Her lawyer, Benedict Morelli, is quite weird. Some of the Internet articles on him might be fake news and smear campaigns, but either way the ugliness of the trial will be much more traumatising than the fall itself.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Now, now... let's turn it down a bit about Petra. She still hasn't done a thing at the majors... losing to Petkovic?! :scared: :unsure... so let's wait on proclaiming her back just yet.
I agree. I don't know if she is at the age or fitness level to go 7 matches deep in such a competitive field. But it does make sense she can peak here and there at the tour level.

1261 - 1280 of 1578 Posts