Tennis Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1578 Posts

·
Registered
10,127 Posts
It was first posted on March 31 evening Eastern timezone, so it can't be a joke right?
It's funny alright, just not intentionally so.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
wow

·
Registered
18,873 Posts
Get that money, Genie! (At least you can get more money than you have collected in first 3 months this year so far :lol: )

·
Registered
566 Posts
That statement is ludicrous.

Genie you really need to reassess your life if you think that incident justifies your result; in case also you forgot how you performed prior to US Open that year - how do you assess that?

You happened to have a good run in that one and only tournament and you felt you should have it all and someone needs to pay for your own poor result? How about someone knock some senses to you and you improve your game?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, this lawyer wants to create a certain image for the public that is for sure.
Why?

Maybe taken by surprise the USTA is not gonna settle it quickly or his client wants it to be that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eugenie had a shocking year prior to this event. Just because she beat Cibilcova in this US Open , prior to Cibilcova's ascension to top ten, doesn't mean she was 'back 'again or going to get to the semi finals or finals of the US Open that year. She has a habit of beating certain players and for some reason she seems to be able to beat some players, perhaps Cibilcova is one of them, for reasons that might be psychological ie in her head she doesn't perceive Cibiicova a real threat-she may have beaten her in the past. But she cant beat others of the same rank or higher, again based on her perceptions of how threatening this player is to her or how truly motivated he is to win. The concussion put her out of action for some time but she is on top of her game now. I saw her in Sydney and she was playing extremely well - minus the psychological stuff that seems to be part of her make up. An all or nothing player - if you cant win and be first in everything forget it-blame something else. I do not think her future in tennis was destroyed by the concussion, but that it did impact her game for maybe up to a year. Her lack of confidence is based on her psychological make up in my opinion - no the concussion from which she appears to have fully recovered - thank goodness.

·
Banned
17,826 Posts
Bankrupt the fuck out of them. :drool:

·
Registered
37,480 Posts

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
She's looking for a retirement fund. This girl

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
She's looking for a retirement fund. This girl

why so early, she's like what 23, ugh she should be having fun playing tennis, no she goes all scrooge and only caring about having a lot of money, awkward and LMAO :lol:

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Makes sense for her to focus on this lawsuit and get some (unjustified) coin. On-court prize money ain't doing it for her at the moment.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Look. I'm a Sharapova fan, so not exactly unbiased, and I still feel a bit sorry for her for bashing her head.

Yet what the hell chance of winning this case as she got?

The fact is I suppose if she'd not won any matches since it would be a better case, but she beat Konta at Wimbledon, Kerber twice and Masha since this farce, so presumably her confidence issue wasn't a problem in all those wins. Added to that even when she was good she lost countless 1st round matches when she clearly didn't care. So I'm not sure this case can hold up whatsoever, but maybe I'm missing a key point.

1201 - 1220 of 1578 Posts