Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
Americans, or in this case, should I say "North Americans" can be ludicrously litigious. I was pretty surprised that she filed this lawsuit and any means by which the USTA can defend themselves is fair as far as I'm concerned. I'm pretty certain the overwhelming majority of players on tour wouldn't be suing for this and while I'm sure many disagree, I personally find it rather uncharitable for her to be doing this. I remember when David Goffin was playing the best tennis of his career in the clay season, then got his feet caught in a pretty dangerously positioned tarp around the court and missed a good chunk of the season during which he probably lost over a million dollars in realistic potential earnings at Roland Garros, the grass season, including Wimbledon, and lead-up tournaments to the US Open. If he were Bouchard, he might as well have sued the French federation.
No, it is only American(USA) that are litigious. Other players have sue for this kind of thing too (Davis for example)

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
I don't get this part.

Evidence of what exactly? Article doesn't indicate at all.

A telling omission -- it indicates they aren't directly relevant to the material of the case.

Which means they are submitted for the general purpose of manipulation of jury sympathy by going after her character via her postings (since they could only be interpreted as one thing: that she is a...[insert Robson gif] :oh:
Her lawyer claimed her quality of life was also affected.

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
TBH I never understood the rationale behind Bouchard suing the USTA and the WTA. What did she hope to gain by doing so? They're the ones who helped make sure she got big endorsements by naming her the best thing since sliced bread so wasn't that kind of biting the hand that feeds you on her part? Did she ask for a payout and when she didn't get it went this route? It still makes no sense to me.

She is not suing the WTA

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
LMAO

all the pundits and talking heads were expecting a USTA win -- we were told Genie's lawyer was not that good... etc etc. Ben was in the courtroom and even he was clueless and hinted of a "US victory" against Canada (as in the ongoing Olympics).

It turned out it was a blowout win for team Genie. Courtroom equivalent of a double bagel.
This was before the trial, at the end he said all the reporters in the room excepts a Bouchard's victory.

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
She would see wet spots.
Not if the whole floor was wet. I can't speak for other people, but I don't walk into every room and look for wet spots on the floor, that's what signs are for. From what Genie said, she didn't even get chance to turn the light on, she slipped two steps into the room.

It is not even relevant to the case as the USTa is not disputing that. They were just saying, they were not expecting her there

·
Registered
21,027 Posts
USTA lawyers: This was 3rd/4th round of the US Open. TF members said her career was over. We were not expecting her to still be here at that stage of the tournament. How were we supposed to know? Her career was over. I have evidence. TF User said....:crying:
It refers to" time of the day" . The trainers thought all players went home according to USTA

1 - 20 of 24 Posts