Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Evidence of being active physically within days of suffering the injury? Hence she didn't really suffer any lawsuit-warranting injuries at all.
Probably, but I'm not sure that's fair, being active in day to day life is not the same as competing at a professional level. Unless they have pictures of her skydiving or white water rafting, of course, that may make things difficult for her.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I'm pretty sure USTA will hire some big shot lawyers who won't have second thoughts about dragging Bouchard thru the dirt if neccessary or indeed possible. These big money lawsuits usually don't have anything to do with the word "fair". It's basically dirty laundy cleaning :p
Very true, I don't think she stands a chance, to be honest, and dragging out her social media shows how far the USTA will go to defend themselves. I'm not sure that I buy into Genie's case, but I do feel sorry for her accident, I don't like the woman but I can at least say that.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the light was off and she didn't think to turn it on? who voluntarily walks in the dark? the only good thing about it is they put her mediocore behind on a pedestal and now it bites them in the behind. they fed her sense of entitlement.
I'm not sure how turning a light on would have helped, unless there was a big 'wet floor' sign in the middle of the room.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Aren't most light switches next to the door?
Maybe that's why they found her 25% responsible ie most people switch a light on before walking into a dark room.
Probably, although the room was described as 'dim' so she could see inside the room well enough. Even if she had switched on the light, I highly doubt she would have immediately looked at the floor to check for wet spots, she would have stepped in and fallen anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts