Tennis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
4,514 Posts
Wow. It's shocking to think all this happened 2 and a half years ago. I feel like, that was the last time Bouchard was truly relevant. She had been in horrible form for a lot of 2015, but then at the USO, it all clicked again. I remember how a lot of people were talking up the win against Cibulkova, and it was a really gutsy one.

I mean, I think she should definitely get all that she can, because nobody knows what could have happened had she played that 4R match. Could she have beaten Vinci? Possibly, even though Roberta had fed her a bagel and breadstick from the bakery just a week prior. And then... who knows! Bouchard was never a world-beater, but she had the game to be a somewhat inconsistent high-level floater.

But then again, this whole ordeal just shows the difference between a champion and Bouchard. It's not even about the fact she hasn't won a title since 2014 (her only one), but that she can't move past this. This is what she constantly circles back to when explaining her abysmal form and results. She was fully healed from the concussion in 2016—it's been two years! Kvitova went through way worse, and literally 18 months later, she's in (pretty much) slam-winning form again. A real champion would have put this aside two years ago, but Bouchard goes on Twitter dates, while getting bageled by god knows who in Taiwan.

· Registered
4,514 Posts

But I won't lie, I'm pressed. Bouchard spends the last two years making no attempts to improve her tennis, partakes in EVERY media publicity stunt possible; earns literally no prize money, yet consistently makes the richest female athletes in the world list due to sponsors willing to throw every penny at her... is OUT of the Top 100, and is now possibly due millions of dollars after she recovered from these same injuries years ago :help:

· Registered
4,514 Posts
I don't think anyone is denying that Genie should have received adequate compensation for her injuries at the 2015 USO and the following Asian swing where she was unable to compete.

But what is ridiculous is her lawyers claiming that she lost endorsements (bullshit), that the concussion caused an irreversible downfall, and that she could have beaten Vinci (who thrashed her in New Haven a week prior), Mladenovic and SERENA at that same USO. That's just plain ridiculous and the fact she's been able to get away with ALL of this is just truly frustrating and unbelievable.

Thankfully, it's only a matter of time (unless she's willing to use her talents and rededicate herself to actually being a tennis player) before she will be resigned to the dustbin of tennis history. Good riddance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.