1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
legend.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
USTA, days before the Open, harshly critiicizes genie bouchard 4 lawsuit tactics
Story in @ sbjsbd, but here is the statement from the USTA in response to her lawyer telling me the group is playing hardball tactics in her lawsuit against USTA for her accident at last year's Open

"The USTA does not comment on the substance of ongoing litigation. However, it is truly unfortunate that a year after her accident, Genie’s focus is on matters other than playing to her best ability. As you probably know, her lawyers asked for an extension; the USTA on the other hand, has remained ready, willing and able to bring the litigation to a conclusion as expeditiously as is possible whether through settlement discussions or a fully litigated process. We also continue to support Genie as best we can, including by giving her a wild card into the Western & Southern Open a few weeks ago.
The litigation will have no impact on how Genie is treated at the US Open in any manner."

Her lawyer, Benedict Morelli told me the USTA two weeks ago subpoenaed the limo driver who drove her back from the NTC the night of the accident, and wanted to subpoena her mother until he made it clear she would submit to deposition voluntarily

did they agree on a compensation like months ago :confused::confused:

·
Registered
11,153 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
yea I think it's in the USTA's interest not to add fuel to fire anyway.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
wasn't she offered like 1mln-ish like last year? thought it was a good offer.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
wow

·
Registered
11,153 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Nope just using logic.
Yes, using logic while not having a clue about the agreement both parties have with their respective law firms.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Is this for real?

Am I to believe that Stacy is blaming herself? Or the Pro Tennis division at USTA is not involved here?

According to the law and American litigious style, blaming someone for your fall is accepted. But it's an insult to tennis fans and followers and to medicine to blame her tennis failure on the fall, even more ludicrous to blame someone else.

Someone else here was claiming that she was bouncing back, and that's why she deserves compensation. How is 3 wins in a row bouncing back? She did that at Madrid last year as well. Is she back since Madird? Did she fell again but didn't let us know?

Just as top players can have bad tournaments, bad players can get lucky and have a good run here or there.
Before the fall Genie was an up and coming talent with at least 3 slams in her, now all she's left with is SI swimsuit covers and twitter dates. There simply isn't no tag price for the success she could have had.

Reactions: Cow.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
I´m too lazy to dig up all the posts on the first 10 pages, where they probably laughed at the idea of a lawsuit. :SNE:
ahah true, if one has the time to go through the thread it would be gold.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
If USTA are so dumb how has noone ever fallen before. Why switch all the lights off are they saving that much money. If their standard practice is to make the floors super slippery with no signs, people should be falling all the time
oh dear.

·
Registered
11,153 Posts
Now that Bouchard has won the liability phase, I think it would be very wise for her to settle before the damages phase. If I were in the jury, I would not give her anything. She is not a sympathetic plaintiff.
:zzz::zzz:

Reactions: hablo and Marlene
1 - 14 of 14 Posts