Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Girl is in shambles, no form at all, no power in her shots, no nothing. Better stick to being an IG model.

·
Registered
34,181 Posts
It's like you kind of almost want to feel sorry for her, but the beginning of this mess was in the spring when she suddenly decided not to play the clay season without giving any reason and went on an absolute Instagram rampage of bikini pics in Miami. She doesn't seem ready to admit it publicly (and seemingly to herself even?) but the priorities are pretty clear at this point.

·
Registered
21,858 Posts

·
Registered
115,505 Posts
Bouchard played in some tough matches. Maybe she should try playing down, like a 25k, and get a few wins
She was close against Andreescu and close to winning R1 at Wimbledon
No confidence when you lose

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,019 Posts
I don't think Bouchard is really playing THAT bad right now. If she dropped down to 25k level she would undoubtedly get some wins. She could even get a win or two at one of the up coming international events if she gets a decent draw. It is not like she is playing sub 300 ranking tennis or anything like that. Objectively I'd say she is playing like a player who is borderline top 100 and at that level it is absolutely possible to get wins at international level. But at that level a player is quite dependent on the draw they get. So she could end up playing 3 internationals and get tough draws in all three events and come out of them 0-3. That is very possible. Whereas if she dropped down to 25k level it would be a surprise if she didn't get wins providing she played with full motivation, which of course it is possible she wouldn't. How much effort is she prepared to put in to get end her losing streak and get her ranking back up? That is the question she has to answer.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
considering that she barely won a match in last 12 months i'm surprised is in top 500

·
Registered
8,021 Posts
Tennis aside I do kind of admire her attitude. She still wants to work and stay positive. It would be a lot easier to throw in the towel.
She may want to work, but she won't make the necessary adjustments in her game. She's still playing the same way she did in 2014, and it's not catching anybody by surprise anymore. She plays with no margin, her serve is terrible, and she still refuses to back up to give herself more time.

And she constantly gives the same deadpan responses in interviews after every loss. "I'll take the positives." "I know I have to keep working."

I think one journalist had it right in a piece that was written after her Wimbledon loss. I think it went "You can feel sorry for a player that's losing, but not one that's failing." And she is failing, miserably.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
It is interesting - she seemed to be on her way back last year and early this year. Pushed Halep in Doha. Perhaps the decision to skip part of the season explains it - it can be done but has to be done very professionally.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts