Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Agreed. What is wrong with those people?

I dunno...I can't get into the NBA at all this year. It's become a really dirty, dirty league.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scotso is dead wrong. Kobe was very diplomatic, even when asked about being booed.

He's from Philadelphia. He did not CHOOSE to play for the Lakers. He went where he was drafted. He comes back to his hometown for the All-Star Game, and gets booed incessantly. I haven't seen many sportswriters disagree with me on this one. Basketball writers (like Wertheim) are usually right on target, a big difference from tennios writers.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I don't get it! What the hell is wrong with crowds and BOOS lately? Alot of sports fans are becoming FANatical and just plain ole bonkers.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
713 Posts
Kobe sounded really hurt when NBC's Jim Gray was interviewing him from the bench in the 4th quarter. I'm sure winning the All-Star MVP trophy in Philly will always be a bittersweet memory for him, instead of the triumph it should have been. It's true that Kobe may have been arrogant in past seasons (c'mon-he was YOUNG and brash), but I think he has really matured and given his fellow pros their due.

As someone who is a die hard Laker fan, I can understand how the 76er fans can still bear a grudge against Kobe because he plays for the Lakers, but I think their booing was really too excessive today.

Imagine Monica Seles being booed in a Fed Cup match against Yugoslavia or something like that!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Well I don`t like Kobe at all so the booing didn`t really bother me too much but I can understand that it would upset some people. But consider how the Philly fans feel: Kobe is from Philly and even though he didn`t choose it, he plays for the lakers, the team that took away any hope the sixers had of winning the championship. I know it`s not really fair to Kobe but he`s just going to have to deal with it. Plus Kobe is a tad arrogant so he`s not really that liked by anybody who`s not a laker fan...

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I'm a Laker fan, and I don't really like Kobe that much, although I think he is very talented.
But the booing was a bit excessive.

People from Phili are a breed all there own. (I went to college there) They take being fanatical to a whole other level.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts