Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 632 Posts

·
Registered
30,878 Posts
Dafuq :spit:? She already had a great comeback and now has a large family, so this decision feels so random. However, she was so successful right off the bat last time, so I'm assuming she won't be messing around it if she really does make it back again (please don't pull a Bartoli :help:).

If she (or Vika) can win a slam before Wonder Woman, aka the first mother in history, would be the most glorious thing to ever happen on a tennis court :tears:.

·
Registered
31,152 Posts
I like Kimmy C. and I don't subscribe to the "out with the old, in with the new" philosophy, but coming back after all these years screams vanity project, mid-life crisis. :weirdo:

·
Registered
47,497 Posts
Menn.... as if Serena didn't have it hard enough. :sobbing:

·
Registered
23,585 Posts
Wow exciting news indeed!!

She will need to put a lot of physical/fitness training in having seen the shape she was in at the Court 1 roof opening exhibition but am sure she will get back in to shape easily enough. She was still striking the ball damn well.

Will be very interesting to see how she does in the Aussie swing (presuming she is aiming for that).

·
Registered
15,966 Posts
If Kim is in shape, Naomi has no fighting chance against her :tears:

·
Registered
12,059 Posts
She will need to put a lot of physical/fitness training in having seen the shape she was in at the Court 1 roof opening exhibition but am sure she will get back in to shape easily enough. She was still striking the ball damn well.
She was striking the ball very well that day. She's just a natural, if she gets back into match shape I'm sure she can do lots of damage.

This makes me wish Dokic would also attempt a 2020 comeback. She never got a proper goodbye from the game, and she's been working out a lot recently so the fitness transition shouldn't be impossible.

·
Registered
83,569 Posts
:hearts: Kim

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
I'm quite divided on this one. Kim is the nicest player ever and one with the most beautiful games. I wish her nothing but happiness and success and I always defend that if someone likes competing on the tour, then do it, whether it's on the big stage of slams or in ITFs.

At the same time, I really hope her expectations are realistic, because a fairy tale comeback like she had in the past is really really unlikely. So I'm a bit afraid that she ends up frustrated and has a bad experience with this.

EIther way, even if she plays just ITF level I think it is admirable and I hope she can achieve her goals, whatever they are.

Watching her, even in legends is such a delight. Damn, just her interviews and her presenc are worth it.

41 - 60 of 632 Posts