Tennis Forum banner

561 - 580 of 645 Posts

·
Registered
53,425 Posts
She's in better shape than Serena.
Haha lol

Also many forget that she has very good clean consistent safe groundstrokes.
She is a very good hitter, moves very well, makes very few UEs and also is mentally very strong.
All this will help Kim in her comeback, to win matches, even if her fitness is not perfect.

Excited to see how she will do in her comeback!
I think she will have a better comeback than Tatiana Golovin.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Fiona seems very realistic about her comeback. She may get lucky to win a round or two in her current shape and form in IW and Miami. Time will tell by the summer U.S. hardcourt season. Either way is popcorn tennis for fans ??️?

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
It's more likely that she could be successful in Doubles, like Hingis was when she returned.
The reason is that the area to cover in defense is reduced and you can stand by the net barely moving for lots of points.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
It's more likely that she could be successful in Doubles, like Hingis was when she returned.
The reason is that the area to cover in defense is reduced and you can stand by the net barely moving for lots of points.
Hingis was a genius at net. She could be back at 50 and still win doubles slams. Not so for Kim.

·
Registered
53,425 Posts

·
Registered
53,425 Posts
Also interesting words from Top 20 Mertens at Fed Cup :p

"Kim hits the ball very hard," Elise Mertens said. "I had to do my best to keep up. It is always nice to play against her because she is very motivated. It makes training even more fun. Her level is excellent and I hope I can train with her again this week."

·
Registered
40,203 Posts
Wow that has taken me by surprise but perhaps she’s ready! Annoyingly I’ll
Be away so I won’t be able to watch, if she makes it competitive I’ll be happy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
“I’m accepting a wild card to play the 2020 Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. Since announcing my comeback, there have been a few bumps but I’m looking forward to returning to the match court and what this next chapter brings .." Article

·
Registered
37,573 Posts
Omgggg

·
Registered
84,327 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is it me, or does she seem to be heavier than Serena?

What ranking do you guys think she will reach before she retires again?

·
Premium Member
19,651 Posts
She's in better shape than Serena.
Serena has never taken long extended breaks from tennis only looking to come back when seeing an opportunity to win. Kimberly isn't fooling anybody but once someone really steps up she'll go back into retirement.

561 - 580 of 645 Posts