Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
are you kidding me:facepalm:

i'm sorry but the WTA needs to MOVE ON .these old players need to let the new girls carry the tour .we have some exciting young stars , let them shine:wavey:

i highly doubt she will do well anyways ,she looked way past it in 2012 and it's been 8 years since then:tape:
Carry the tour? Which new girls should do that? The eternal loser Bencic? There is only one girl now and she's insufferable. We need big champions who can beat her. Serena is over, welcome back Kim.

·
Registered
11,120 Posts
Great news. Andreescu is a disgrace, the more big players come back the better. These current girls in the circuit are useless.
What a pathetic post.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
wow, an actual bombshell!!

lena d next please :sobbing:

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
YAS.

About time everyone else feasts on the weak era nextgens.

I would return too, if I looked at 4 of the last 6 slam finals and recognize a geriatric still standing there that only I beat in straight sets during the geriatric's own "all time peak" (in 2002)

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Kim is my favourite player ever but I admittedly lol'd when I saw the news. I'll love to see her on the court again, and the interview explains it's for the thrill of it rather than to prove anything, but I don't expect much. Hopefully some great matches with the young generation.

Pls don't do another retirement ceremony tho. It'll be ridiculous haha.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
She played an exhibition set against Petko in the Antwerp 2015 final when Suarez-Navarro pulled out. Short notice, no match practice and poor shape, and she bossed it.

Could do much better than she has any right to if she gets her fitness sorted.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
YAS.

About time everyone else feasts on the weak era nextgens.

I'd return too If I look at 5 of the last 6 slam finals and recognize a geriatric still standing there only I beat in straight sets during her "all time peak" moment (in 2002)
Kim's last loss was to Laura Robson .:spit:

·
Registered
113,018 Posts
Sure, Dementieva, Henin, Davenport, Mauresmo.. let them all come back! Its a sport and you have to earn your success, but they can all get some wild cards.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Great news. Andreescu is a disgrace, the more big players come back the better. These current girls in the circuit are useless.
Haha... always love seeing your hatred towards Bianca...I was wondering where you disappeared after Bianca won US Open. Funny thing is Kim is Bianca's idol...so yeah Bianca also must be pretty thrilled at this

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Great news. Maybe other blond and even younger mothers will follow:sport: She will be a good addition to the doubles circuit as well.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Are you kidding me? This really came out of nowhere, I wonder what are her actual goals in this comeback.

I would expect a comeback from some younger players (yes I'm looking at you Ana!), but anyway it sound really cool to see Kim back on court, even though I suspect it won't last long. I wish her all the best though.

Maybe we can get a nice exhibition match with Kim and Bianca now?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
For this to be successful she'll need to adjust though. Her physical playstyle won't work imo, so more outright agression will be necessary. On the other hand, Kim always played her best tennis after long lay offs, injuries really always held her back.

21 - 40 of 633 Posts