Alright that's it, we're that desperate i'm trying the :scared: smiley again

1R v Dulko :armed:

Potential 2R v Sharapova

:facepalm:

·
5 Grand Slams
15,298 Posts
Dulko has been super shit lately, so always hope :cheer:
PLEASE WIN JELLY, ive always wanted a Masha Jelly match, not that i will be able to see it :facepalm:

·
Banned
271 Posts
Dulko has been super shit lately, so always hope :cheer:
PLEASE WIN JELLY, ive always wanted a Masha Jelly match, not that i will be able to see it :facepalm:
One thing Jelena can't complain about: her draws.

They've been consistently great the past six weeks, and this is no exception.

She just hasn't done anything with them. Let's hope that changes now.

It's hard to imagine a better 1R draw at a tournament like this than a limping, out-of-form Dulko.

But Jelena has proven she's capable of losing to absolutely anyone right about now.

·
Dubai Love
52,261 Posts
I'm surprised she made direct entry!
Good Luck though Jelena!
She did so with her ranking from 6 weeks ago, you shouldn't be surprised.

As for Dulko, she withdrew from Acapulco last week with injury (still played doubles though) and on top of that has been playing horribly. Jelena has a chance, but to win it would require not double faulting 20 times and hitting errors every other point.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Anyone else feel like its time to ditch Louise?

Discuss
The little I've seen from Louise during her in-match coaching, I think she seems like a terrific coach. She is positive and gives Jelena strategies that she can take action on. Obviously that small amount of interaction doesn't tell the whole story, but she would seem to be a good balance for the Dokic team, as Jelena is neither positive nor strategic.

A lot Jelena's problems recently have stemmed from poor serving, and Louise can't fix that. In a match scenario, under pressure, players are going to revert to their old habits. But the poor strategic choices she makes, such as low percentage shots off the ground and hitting 100 MPH second serves against pushers instead of just getting a serve in, can be attributed to poor strategy and/or execution, and that's where I question how much Louise is helping.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't feel like Louise can impose herself enough to make a noticeable difference, that being said Jelena's game has degenerated so that it's almost unrecognisable from even 12 months ago - She's lacking pace off the ground and while her forehand is still okay her backhand is a huge liability, just watch the youtube highlights - compare the match against Krajicek in Kuala Lumpur last year to her matches against Bartoli this year, its like watching a player in reverse order of evolution.

In the case of the serve, i think they need to stop trying to fix it. They're not going to be able to, no one ever has. So let her serve like she always has, at least she'll have some on days where she finds some good rhythm like she used to instead of it being a total liability all the time.

·
Registered
844 Posts
In the case of the serve, i think they need to stop trying to fix it. They're not going to be able to, no one ever has. So let her serve like she always has, at least she'll have some on days where she finds some good rhythm like she used to instead of it being a total liability all the time.
ITA. She is in her late 20s. She shouldn't be changing the technical aspects of her game because she won't be doing these things in the course of a match when she is relying on muscle memory. If she can hit 5 or 6 DFs in a match she will still win a lot of matches and she will still lose to top 10 players. That, to me, is a best case scenario and she was doing that last year. If they are trying to tailor her game to match up with the top top players I think it's a mistake because she won't get opportunities to play them when she takes this high risk approach to pushers. I'm ok with 20 DFs in a match against a top 5 player because she HAS to take the risk; against a Candatu it is unacceptable.

·
Registered
50,680 Posts
Watch Jelena lose to super-slumper Dulko :lol:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts