Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking through a few old tennis videos, it struck me that blondes definitely seem to be over represented in the tennis Top 50 recently. Certainly they are far better represented compared to their percentage of the population.

And we're talking natural blondes here as opposed to the Navratilova/Novotna kind.

So if you divide the tennis world into Blondes/Non-blondes we find people like

Clijsters, Graf, Sharapova, Huber, Harkleroad, Bovina, Dementieva, Schett, Vakulenko in the Blonde Camp

Serena, Capriati, Navratilova, Martinez, Myskina, Rubin, Sugiyama, Black in the non-blondes.

So am I right?
Are blondes dominant over everyone else in tennis?

And if so, any suggestions why blondes do so well in the sport?

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Doc said:
Looking through a few old tennis videos, it struck me that blondes definitely seem to be over represented in the tennis Top 50 recently. Certainly they are far better represented compared to their percentage of the population.

And we're talking natural blondes here as opposed to the Navratilova/Novotna kind.

So if you divide the tennis world into Blondes/Non-blondes we find people like

Clijsters, Graf, Sharapova, Huber, Harkleroad, Bovina, Dementieva, Schett, Vakulenko in the Blonde Camp

Serena, Capriati, Navratilova, Martinez, Myskina, Rubin, Sugiyama, Black in the non-blondes.

So am I right?
Are blondes dominant over everyone else in tennis?

And if so, any suggestions why blondes do so well in the sport?
Because we're not half as stupid as we look, but we use the cliche to lull the opposition in to a false sense of security ............:p

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
We might need to be careful not to get into an "Aryan" argument here :eek: .

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
BLONDIE RULEZ :drool:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fifiricci said:
We might need to be careful not to get into an "Aryan" argument here :eek: .
"Aryanism" has long been exploded. So-called Aryans are only minority blonde. The chief "aryans" had black hair! And I'm not blonde.

I just noticed, following comments in recent threads about "skinny blondes", just how many of them there are - and that they do very well.

·
Registered
8,570 Posts
Doc said:
"Aryanism" has long been exploded. So-called Aryans are only minority blonde. The chief "aryans" had black hair! And I'm not blonde.

I just noticed, following comments in recent threads about "skinny blondes", just how many of them there are - and that they do very well.
U r right about the skinnies, except maybe for Kim Clijsters, who is a "chunkyish" blonde :p (I think she's a natural).

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fifiricci said:
U r right about the skinnies, except maybe for Kim Clijsters, who is a "chunkyish" blonde :p (I think she's a natural).
Kim's definitely a natural.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
How do you tell who are the natural blondes? Many girls go blonde so early in life

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Blondes do seem to do disproportionately well in women's tennis.

Maybe its because blondes on average tend to be taller than non-blondes, and height is a distinct advantage in modern tennis.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Since when are those blondes you listed dominating? Vakulenko? :scratch:

If you are only talking about top 100 players, i'm sure there are as many blondes as non-blondes.

·
Premium Member
181,855 Posts
roughly calculated: There's around twice as many Non-Blondes in top 100

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
You forgot key players in both camps, like Venus and Henin Hardenne... To me, both camp are approximately the same IMO

·
Banned
1,306 Posts
lol JHH is so blonde

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Experimentee said:
Since when are those blondes you listed dominating? Vakulenko? :scratch:

If you are only talking about top 100 players, i'm sure there are as many blondes as non-blondes.
Yes. But what is the percentage of natural blondes in the population of the tennis-playing nations? It can't be more than 10%. That would be the average for Europe, North and South America etc. Slightly higher in Australia. A lot lower in Asia.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts