Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do not normally indulge in such serious promotional activities but this time is different!!!

I am a huge DEAD OR ALIVE fan.....yes the sensational band behind the 80s classic YOU SPIN ME ROUND!!!!
They currently have a greatest hits package out titled EVOLUTION!!!
Unfortunately it is not getting the airing it deserves....so I am doing my little bit!!!

It is available in 2 formats.....an 18 track single disc version and a fantastic 28 track double cd version.

Included is a wonderful reworking of YOU SPIN...that uses the electro bassline from Kylie's CANT GET YOU OUT OF MY HEAD..... Superb!!!

The early tracks have been re-mastered and never sounded better. Almost all tracks have been re-edited and have never been available on cd before.

When the rest of the world forgot about DEAD OR ALIVE, Japan embraced them. From 1990 through to the present they continued to a produce hit albums and singles - This material is included also and is some of there finest work.

As a huge fan, my opinion is a biased one at best.........BUT FOR ALL LOVERS OF POP MUSIC I SUGGEST MAKING THIS CD PART OF YOUR COLLECTION.
POP NEEDS MORE MOVERS AND SHAKERS........DEAD OR ALIVE and their charismatic lead singer PETE BURNS ARE INDEED THAT!!!!!!!!!!

If this cd sells well then Sony UK will be financing a LONG OVERDUE album of new material.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM OTHER DOA FANS OUT THERE!!!!

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Pete Burns has been very scathing about Sony and it's promotion and handling of 'Evolution' so don't expect an album of new material to come out on Sony anyway.

The album was released in the UK last Monday. The first chart position will be revealed today but on Thursday it was sitting at #91 so not looking good. The re-release of You Spin Me Round charted at #23 before dropping out of the top 40.

The clubs are more interested in a bootleg at the moment of Dannii Minogue vs Dead Or Alive - 'I Begin To Spin Round' which Pete loves and will be a single in Germany apparently.

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
David, I think that bootleg is being made available on a re-issue of I Begin To Wonder (as a B-side), well at least down here anyway?

Anyway, is You Spin Me Round one of the most re-released songs in history? lol

·
Worshipping POP ICON GODDESSES
7,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi TS,
"SPIN" was re-leased here in 1996......AROUND THE TIME THAT DOA TOURED.
The New 2003 MIX is the first time they have had a U.K release since 1989 ( the COME HOME WITH ME BABY single).

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Terry, it's a close run thing between 'Spin' and Des'ree's awful 'You Gotta Be' for most re-released song.

I think some countries are getting 'I Begin To Spin' on Dannii's next release. Her next single in the UK is 'Don't Wanna Lose This Feeling' and we're getting the Madonna hybrid 'Don't Wanna Lose This Groove' as one of the bonus tracks. You can have a listen in the music section at www.danniimusic.com

·
Premium Member
21,309 Posts
Ugh. You Gotta Be :rolleyes:

Ta for the link (am listening to it now)...couldn't help but notice she is releasing a cassingle version ;) lol, god bless the cassingle...didn't know they still made those...I have quite a few old one (Prince "Cream" rings a bell) :eek:

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Sorry to break it to you bionic71 but the album failed to make the top 100 here in the UK. Looks like that's your lot on SonyUK for Dead Or Alive. They should sign with a smaller indie label with lower expectations.

·
Registered
36,489 Posts
so what do they look like these days? still big hair? :angel:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts