Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Black & Huber : "The Bondarenko's didn't deserve to be qualified at the YEC anyway"

http://tenfem.streetreporters.net/

It's in French tough, but you can use a google translation or ask a french member to do so!

They're bashing a bit Ruano-Pascual & Moodie (ATP) as well. They like the idea of being only 4 yeams at the YEC and so on and forth ...

More on the link ;)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Re: Black & Huber : "The Bondarenko's didn't deserve to be qualified at the YEC anywa

:help: at this team...

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
Re: Black & Huber : "The Bondarenko's didn't deserve to be qualified at the YEC anywa

shouting their mouths off is giving people more reason to dislike them

·
-
52,425 Posts

Stupid comment, as usual. Sad they are not nice with people, maybe they'd have more fans!

·
Registered
15,448 Posts

Someone please translate!

·
HAND SCRAPED
7,145 Posts

Google translate:

(I've not read it yet so it might not make any sense)

Thursday 12 February at 13.30 in the short annex to the Stade Pierre de Coubertin in Paris. So qu'Alizé Cornet and Daniela Hantuchova playing at the same time under the spotlights in the center court, the numbers 1 double World put on a show during their 1st Round match, the pair face Benesova / Rosolska ... to 20 people, including a quarter which comes from their entourage. The Black from Zimbabwe is small and deep, the American Huber (naturalized, it is actually from South Africa), and powerful. A combination that has already proved its worth, because they already win 3 Grand Slam tournaments (Wimbledon 2005, 2007 Australian Open, U.S. Open in 2008, including the 2008 Masters).

They are two hours later, with a fairly Black and Huber cleared much more talkative. So, seriously, it's not too annoying to be the best but to have that right too rarely short key?

Liezel Huber: Well to be honest, it's true that we are not at all known to the public. However, when the WTA is asking us to do clinics with children, or any other operation promo, we are still OK.

TenFem-StreetReporters witnesses is: on a WTA overheard a manager telling a colleague that they were "delighted" to be asked in interview.

Precisely, the WTA, why do not you put out on the court rather than outside?

Cara Black & Liezel Huber: "What is unfortunate is that to make the double attractive, there is a tie-break by 10 points in place of the third set. We thought it was a good idea for the discipline, because it fits the TV format. In fact, it has not changed. "

Another oddity, there is no advance registration for tournaments:

Cara Black: "It comes to cities where we play and it is there. It is still not the top, it gives a lot of things to do outside the court, many logistical distractions. "

Good post, there are still visibly improved in recent years.

Cara Black & Liezel Huber: "For example, Masters in Doha, we have excellent infrastructure and the reputation of the players simply leads the world in the stadium, where everything is played on one court. It was played in front of the stands filled for our meetings there. "

They said they think it's still just a little ... only have 4 teams, while the same type of event attracts 8 pairs with their male counterparts on the ATP circuit.

Start a tournament semifinal, it's not terrible is not it? And this is when their team instead of number 1 arises, because they speak patron leaves swinging names.

Cara Black & Liezel Huber: "At the same time, the 4 best teams in 2008 were actually well above the lot."

They said that the Bondarenko sisters, winners of the Australian Open, and only the sixth team to end the season, might have deserved a place, but we Huber stops net.

Cara Black & Liezel Huber: "Quite frankly, they have tried to play tournaments at the end of the year to qualify, but they have almost won a single match after the U.S. Open. So why have them in a Masters? And among men, when we see someone like Moodie, who has not played half of the year and who qualify in the 8 to be eliminated anyway in chickens is not a super pub pour le double

And when asked to name us their team nightmare, they have no long

Liezel Huber, "Ruano-Pascual and Suarez (multiple Grand Slam champions in the early 2000s). Whenever I was playing, I thought "How can they play like this all the time, with lobs, and again and again?" It surprised the lot when they are pressed to the net, but it asked a lot energy. It was not necessarily enhances the image of two women. "

Basically, we can say that Black and Huber are confident of their value is obvious. Even if one considers àTenFem-StreetReporters an international competition like the Masters loses much credibility sport if only two matches to win. The dual is therefore a little condemned to remain an attraction for national team competitions, where the stakes for the nation transcending a discipline that leaves us indifferent the rest of the year, despite a quality tennis interesting.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts

Thanks for translating, Sonic The Hedgehog, but yeah some of it doesn't make sense :lol:

From what I can tell, it sounds like they think the 4-team format for the YEC is a good idea and just used the Bondarenkos as an example (of a team that was on a bad losing streak so might not have been the best for the YEC). If this is what they are saying, then I disagree with them because 8-teams is much better than 4-teams. Raymond/Stosur, Chan/Chuang, Williams/Williams at least could have played if it was 8-teams. I don't think the 4 teams that qualified were that much above the rest like they're saying. The only team who was head and shoulders better than everyone else was Black/Huber. It was close between 2-10 IMO.

I'm not too sure what Liezel meant about Ruano/Suarez. :shrug:

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts

Well they gave Ruano/Suarez credit as being their "nightmare" team to face, and it sounds like she's saying they couldn't believe the patience/energy of the team to play the way they did. I agree with THIS part, because doubles is typically a more fast-paced, short, game, and Ruano/Suarez definitely made teams play at their pace. I don't agree with the last, weird part, about them suddenly coming to net not enhancing their images?? Huber and Black are just snarky and bitter. :p

·
Registered
12,900 Posts

No wonder her second surname, Horn, didn't last longer:eek:

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,585 Posts

My translation :p

Cara and Liezel on Alona/Katya and Wesley: To be honest, they basically tried to play tournaments at the end of the year to qualify, but almost didn't win a match after US Open. So what's the point of having them in the Masters? Then, on the men's side, you have someone like Moodie, who missed half the year, and manages to qualify among the top 8, only to get eliminated in round robin, that's not very good publicity for doubles..."

Liezel on Vivi and Paola, when asked who the team of their nightmares was:

"Ruano Pascual and Suarez (multiple GS chmapions at the beginning of the year 2000s) Each time I had to play them, I would ask myself, "How can they play like this all the time, with their lobs, and again, and again?" We would surprise them by passing them at the next, or putting pressure on them at the net, but that took us a lot of energy. Not necessarily a good thing for the image of women's doubles."

·
Registered
32,273 Posts

The last translation is spot on.
That was a lot of bitching, mainly from Huber.

They're just bitter they aren't famous and lack charisma.

·
Registered
15,317 Posts

What is wrong with what they said? :scratch:

Quality wise, the Bondarenkos playing the YEC instead of Srebotnik/Sugiyama would have been a real joke. They didn't even win a match after the US Open in 4 attempts.

And IMO there's nothing exciting watching a moonball fest during 2 hours. :shrug:

·
Diosa Contable
2,945 Posts

:lol:

I have come to expect nothing less from Huber. She is in top form all the time, is she not?

·
Registered
982 Posts

I don't really like Black/Huber but...

Stupid comment, as usual. Sad they are not nice with people, maybe they'd have more fans!
Nice? What do you mean "nice"? Liezel should say crap like "I get along well with everyone. I love all players. I love Céline Dion. She is so nice. I love dogs."?

(yes, I'm referring to Katarina Srebotnik)

Being nice is one thing...but there's a thin line between "I am nice" and "I have as much personality as a fish" or between "I am nice" and "I am hypocrite".

"To avoid criticism...do nothing, say nothing, BE nothing".

But yeah...I guess Liezel sucks? She's honest, talkative, very down to earth, and NICE (yes, I've met her) but I guess she sucks.

Nothing wrong with their comments. The Bondarenko sisters didn't deserve a spot at the YEC, period. Liezel didn't bash Ruano-Pascual--she said she doesn't enjoy her style of play. That's all.

I bet most of you didn't bother reading the interview...

·
It's like cool epilepsy.
65,585 Posts

I partially agree with you Gardengnome, at least as far as Alona and Katya are concerned.

I do think her comment about Viviola was unasked for, though. I mean, just because she finds them boring doesn't mean everyone does.

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts

I think the doubles should be an 8-team format, RR. Played during the day at Doha. Not too hard. If they want doubles to get more spotlight and respect then it needs to stop being treated as a ridiculous side-hobby -- such as a semifinal, 4-team tournament.

[And of course, the #1 team who gets entry into a semifinal where they automatically got 335 points + prize money wouldn't mind the 4 team format not changing.]

·
Registered
12,900 Posts

Does she expect her opponents will play the game she likes:tape:. Lob is the shot you play when facing a chunky and slow player like Huber is.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts