Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
ttaM said:
over the Aussies, who had some match points.
How many matchpoints did they save? Six or seven?

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
SIX MATHPOINTS!
Well done 2 all four. Cara played amazing. The match was great, high quality throughout.

·
Registered
8,949 Posts
woodie :crying2: so close but yet so far
well done cara tho

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Wow, Cara must be exhausted! She should just relax and celebrate her double triumph in the doubles today. I really wanted the Blacks to pull this one out and am thrilled for them!

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
OMFG! Such a great tourney for Cara! :sad: I'm so happy for her! These are tears of joy, babe!

·
Registered
9,292 Posts
That was just too Black! Todd/Alicia... :(

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
Jorn said:
Congrats Cara and Wayne!! (They saved 6 matchballs)

i am so ABSOLUTLY happy for Cara aswell for Wayne. There was such a diversity in winners from countires this year and even more of a diversity when u look at the Finals andsemi finals..thats a really good sign for tennis. :worship:

·
Registered
199,011 Posts
Well done after women's doublesnow mixed. The way she plays doubles, she deserves the titles. Though would have prefered Navratilova/Raymond.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Natrats had a her day, time for some new smiling faces

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
The Blacks were very lucky on the two match points on Todd's serve. They got a dead netcord on one and Todd slipped and almost fell on the second. I guess you've got to take your luck and run with it which is exactly what they did.

I think Molik doing so well here puts her and Stubbs in the possible medallists group for Athens doubles.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
MirjanaLfan said:
The Blacks were very lucky on the two match points on Todd's serve. They got a dead netcord on one and Todd slipped and almost fell on the second. I guess you've got to take your luck and run with it which is exactly what they did.
I can't say I feel too sorry for Woodbridge, though. There's something about his manner that rubs me the wrong way. I may be way off here, but he just comes off being a bit smug when he's on court, and a bit of a whiner/sore loser as well when things don't go his way. In fact, I was glad the Blacks wiped the obnoxious looks off the faces of Woodbridge and Molik.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
the match point where Woodie slipped was not lucky because Cara played a stunning return that he would have missed anyway.

Cara was brilliant in all her matches today, but Wayne was very ordinary indeed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I am so happy for the both of them as they come from the same country as I do. They almost lost the final but they were able to come back from the dead to win. Cara and Wayne you were absolutely brilliant out there.

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Obviously, because I'm a lindsay fan I wanted her and Bob to win that mixed doubles match.......but to be fair, Cara Black played her heart out all day. She played 3 matches (and won them) within the space of about 7 hours! That is some going and deserves her moment of glory and triumph.

Congratulations to Black/Miss Black!

-Rachel :wavey:
PS. that mixed doubles match vs Leadner and Martina N was stunning - the Blacks showed true grit, determination and sportsmanship.......I'm well impressed!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts