1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
81,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
That looks to me like a net gain for the tournament.

·
Milk and honey
3,231 Posts
Yasss Vee :hearts: I'm going next week and I'd love to see her play. What a huge boost for the tournament :cheer:

·
Registered
15,886 Posts
Going to go with some friends, + bonus now

·
always getting what i want
17,712 Posts
oh

·
Registered
7,673 Posts

Crazy to think that a 5-time Wimbledon champ has only ever played 3 other grass court tournaments in her 25 year career: Eastbourne 2011, 1998, and 1997 (where she played her first ever match on grass courts and handed out a double bagel :lol:).

This is a tough entry list though and she's still lacking in matches so I am not expecting anything unless she's healthy, but I love the intent she's showing by entering! :)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
As she's gotten older, I would think she would need a warmup to get used to the grass a bit more. Over the years, she has shown she didn't need a warmup to be successful at Wimbledon though...
Get it, Vee!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Nice to know she's actually going to practice on grass before Wimbledon this year instead of the US hardcourts she usually practices on. Venus needs some quick points if she wants to go to the Olympics btw so that's why I see her playing this.

·
Premium Member
20,152 Posts
I've always been kind of surprised Venus never played Birmingham after the longer gap between RG and W. Great to see her there.

She's generally disliked playing a lead up so close to any of the majors. The exception for a bit was New Haven at her peak.

I'm glad she's taken this WC though.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Great news for the tournament. With the added week of grass and not going deep in Paris, it makes perfect sense for her to turn up for some matches.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Good for her and for the tournament. I was there last year (fri-sun) and considered going again this year but I’ve got work commitments on the 21st I can’t rearrange. Shame!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts