Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Final for Julia :yeah: :cool:, she is playing a nice tournament!

Now take that title :drool:.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
Well done, Julia ! :bounce:

Her strong serve and forehand :worship:
That was easy. Julia was the much better player.

Ostapenko should have beaten Martic already, but she had an EPIC choke :eek:
Jelena wasted a 7-6 4-0, 7-6 5-2 and also wasted 5 MPs ! :help: 20 DFs and 70 UEs :tape:

Görges
34 Winners, 23 UEs
Martic
7 Winners, 16 UEs

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Will Barty fall at the hands of her own doubles partner gasp
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if this indeed happens. The Pressure will be on Ash and Julia won their last Meeting here a year ago.

Julia's 1st Match here against Yastremska was dodgy, since then she is cruising.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I watched it from the end of the 1st set. Boobinha was peaking, then threw in a couple of very poor games to give back the break, then was back to peaking again. Some nice scrapping/improvisation at times other than delicious booming FHs.

Martic didn't play poorly in the 2nd set, but there really wasn't much she could do.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Julia < 3

I saw this match from 4-4 in the 1st set. She's definitely on fire and with great confidence. Dream final between her and Ash now.

Fast surfaces are becoming Julia's best ones, because she changed her tennis, making her shots earlier, going to the net more, it's pure first strike tennis. It's a perfect game for grass.

·
Premium Member
64,861 Posts
Congrats Julia :hearts:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Nice match, impressive from Jules, now take it all!

·
Registered
21,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Spent today at the tournament in Birmingham- beautiful day, great seats - but oddly less than compelling matches. The results were kind of never in doubt. However, this was a decent quality match. Martic served pretty well but Goerges just had more firepower in pretty much every department. Jule’s power was spot on today, pretty much everything was going in. Barty can be blasted off court by big hitters but is playing such a compact game and with added confidence so Goerges will be a definite underdog.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
8,597 Posts
I was there too. Julia was on fire, she had the bit between her teeth, she was on it. This must have been the best she has played this year and probably since Wimbledon last year. I thought she was starting a fall down the rankings but this is a sign that she still has a lot to give. Powerful serve and ground strokes, so many winners, Martic did well to hang in, but Julia was too good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts