Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
That Woman
4,611 Posts
She is super relaxed this week as well, which is good to see.

Wang is mentally frail.
Venus looks so relaxed, but not in a just-happy-to-be-here way, which bodes well. The Barty match should be a corker.

Wang is simply not a top 20 caliber player. She's arguably not even top 30 caliber. All her points were vultured at MMs in her home country or at the end of the year when real competition was tired from playing real events all year.

She's had six months to prove her end of year wasn't a fluke and she's failed to do so. She either can only win in China, or can only win when elite players are half assing it at year's end. Neither is a mark of a top player.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Queen!! :worship: Her third QF of the year now and SO close to getting a bagel at the end... she's having so much fun and finally serving again. Ground game looking much more solid and consistent too. Nothing to lose against Ash, I just hope she can go out there swinging freely. :)

Q was not at her best but still better than in some of her other matches this year. The adidas top with the cutouts really suits her.

·
Registered
15,871 Posts
Love, love, love that Venus has entered a grass court tournament and is doing well. She has just swatted away a top 20 ranked player for the loss of 5 games. Yes it’s only Qiang Wang but still!

She’s doing better in Brum than she did in Eastbourne back in 97, 98 & ?07

·
Registered
87,444 Posts
Queen!! :worship: Her third QF of the year now and SO close to getting a bagel at the end... she's having so much fun and finally serving again. Ground game looking much more solid and consistent too. Nothing to lose against Ash, I just hope she can go out there swinging freely. :)

Q was not at her best but still better than in some of her other matches this year. The adidas top with the cutouts really suits her.

" Mom is doing her own life" :lol: so sweet

·
Registered
8,992 Posts

Her interviews this week have been :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
QUEENUS!!! Just swatted away a "Top 20" player
I wonder if she can go further here?! Also... what does the LTA do if she does? I don't expect anything, but could there be a special #32 seed with her name on it?

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
Ha, normally you can't get 5 words out of her after a win, but she's loving these interviews. Hopefully he can go further.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts