Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Amazing match from Ostapenko! Very good serves. First QF since Wimbledon, first TOP 20 win since Wimbledon. She loves grass

·
Registered
142 Posts
Konta was too slow and hit with too much margin. This game is ok on clay, but on grass... I fear she will struggle in this grass season.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
Ostawinner is back. Man, it is fucking great to see her playing we both poise, calm aggression and confidence. Her serve was great too...first set, the second serve was excellent. 2nd set, 2nd serve was failing but 1st serve kicked in. Konta tried but anyone can get out hit by Alona. Anyone notice Konta looked terrified to do a second serve? She only won 29% of points on the second.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Finally a good performance by Penko. Maybe she can peak for Wimby?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
OMG Aljona's first QF since Wimbledon? What? And wins both her matches pretty comfortably? And one of them's against a top 20 player? Amazed.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
Would a SF in Birmingham be enough to push Ostapenko into the seeding spots for Wimbledon?
At best, she would be 33rd in the rankings after this week, 25 points behind Sakkari. So unless a seeded player pulled out of Wimbledon, she'd need to get to the final at least.

Of course, Venus might be seeded by Wimbledon if she's ranked outside the top 32, meaning the points target for other players to be seeded would be raised.

Reactions: MalJackson

·
Registered
14,388 Posts
I'm sorry that Jo lsot but Ostapenko played very well and deserved it. The oc interview was lovely too - she came over really well.

·
Registered
10,165 Posts
First QF of the year for Aļona. Serve was the best I've seen it in a long time in the first set, declined a bit in the second. Hitting well throughout, though :yeah: Seems she's back working with Stabins also.

Konta seemed to really struggle with the speed and depth of Osta. That could happen to anyone anytime, but after all her time on clay, Jo might need more time to adjust to the green stuff.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Her ballstriking when on is astonishing. I'm not an ostapenko fan but gotta hand it to her she's played these last 2 matches at a very high level. Will be an interesting grass season if she can keep this form up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 56 Posts