Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
That Woman
4,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well played from Barty, definitely served better than yesterday. Over 80% winning on 1sts, pretty much out of trouble the whole match. Faced a break point in the middle of the 2nd set but still managed to run away with it, 5 games in a row to end the match.

·
Premium Member
64,858 Posts
Congrats Ash :hearts:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
37,036 Posts
When Ashleigh plays like that it is a real pleasure to watch. The slice was working a treat today. Really glorious stuff.

The great thing about Ash is that as formidable as Ash's game is, it is as stylish and attractive as it is effective. Hopefully Ash will be number one next week. The tour deserves a player at the top who plays a beautiful game and gives a strong professional effort pretty much every match she plays.

·
Registered
10,332 Posts
Easy pickings for Barty, but I do think it was a little more of a contest than the scoreline suggests. Some good rallies and her slice wasn't quite as effective today (I think Brady was well prepped for it), her big forehand did the majority of the damage in this one. Great movement too.

Jenny from the block still feels like she's a little under-ranked. Or perhaps it just seems that way because she beats Garcia at least once per fortnight. :hysteric:

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
When Ashleigh plays like that it is a real pleasure to watch. The slice was working a treat today. Really glorious stuff.

The great thing about Ash is that as formidable as Ash's game is, it is as stylish and attractive as it is effective. Hopefully Ash will be number one next week. The tour deserves a player at the top who plays a beautiful game and gives a strong professional effort pretty much every match she plays.
Yeah, I'm finding her really likeable these days. Hope she can have a really good run at Wimbledon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts