Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No thread yet :shrug:

Fairly straightforward for Venus by the looks of it... won 73% first serve points and only broken twice.

2nd serve points won at 50% needs to get a bit higher though.

#6 seed Qiang Wang next. Would like Vee's chances here despite losing to her the last time they played (RG 2018) though Wang did take a set off Venus at Wimbledon 2017...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I was just about the make a thread too when I double checked before posting and saw yours.
I only saw the last two games of this match so I can't comment much on it.
But it's great for Venus to get her first win ever in Birmingham.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
That looked pretty good, especially the first set, although Venus' serve was not really on song. Second set was a bit more scrappy, though Venus won all the important points to maintain that break's advantage throughout the set.

·
Registered
7,673 Posts
When asked why she's never played grass warmups:
"Well, Mark.... it rains a lot...."

:lol:

Anyway, a pretty solid match for Venus, this is only the second match she's won since Miami. Her first win as a 39 year old, too! :worship: The second set was a bit loose from both but the first set was very high quality. Both were in the positive, and Venus only hit FOUR unforced errors (I can't remember her ever hitting so few!).

This is also the first match in ages where she hasn't looked severely wounded which is a good sign leading up to Wimbledon. Q Wang in the next round... keep going Vee! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Like someone said above, Venus finally didn't look massively injured out there today. She wasn't in full flight by any means but she popped a few serves 110+ and moved pretty well. Defined seems to be heading in the right direction, please stay healthy and win some matches moving forward

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
That interview :hearts:

She's so charming and humble - how can anyone not love her.

:drive:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Just watched highlights. Great serve to close out. Happy to see her get a win and a few points here :). The more the better.

·
Milk and honey
3,231 Posts
Vee :hearts: I was there for this one today, and while most of my day was boring, she certainly was the highlight.

39 years old and moving like someone so much younger today. She mentioned in the interview that she was having a good day, that her "joints weren't sore", and it showed. She seemed in a great mood after the match and I was fortunate enough to get a pic with her after, she was very polite :)

Has a nice draw to make the QF which would be a huge success given the recent injuries and struggles. I'll be going again later on in the week and hope to see Venus again, she's so majestic :inlove:

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Vee :hearts: I was there for this one today, and while most of my day was boring, she certainly was the highlight.

39 years old and moving like someone so much younger today. She mentioned in the interview that she was having a good day, that her "joints weren't sore", and it showed. She seemed in a great mood after the match and I was fortunate enough to get a pic with her after, she was very polite :)

Has a nice draw to make the QF which would be a huge success given the recent injuries and struggles. I'll be going again later on in the week and hope to see Venus again, she's so majestic :inlove:
So jealous you got a pic with her! Amazing!

·
Registered
8,518 Posts
Aww!! That was sweet. And very solid win to start.
Venus inspiring all, as ever. I would be so ecstatic if she could win Wimbledon at least one more time.
ANd I love the way Venus gushes about BJK, win it!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts