Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear nothing on the news now of the search for Osama Bin Laden now, have we given up or something? Or given ourselves a news blackout on the whole issue?

I dunno. Discuss.

P.S. I think he could be in Pakistan. Possibly in a cave, he likes those.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Personally, I think he's dead and has been for at least a month or so. I think either they're not sure so they don't want to say anything, or they are delaying the announcement because they want to stay over there to make sure all evil is stomped out, but if the public knows Bin Laden is dead, support for the War on Terrorism will decline and then the nation gets bogged down in the debate about what our role there really is now, which at this point, is not discussed because ostensibly, he's still there plotting more terrorism. But that's just my uninformed opinion. I hope he's dead! :(

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
here in the us there is still 24 hr new coverage on the whole terror attacks and its unfolding.. sometimes i wish they would just give up.. i mean how many times must they show people commiting suicide by jumping off the wtc especailly for the sake of the younger children..

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Tammy I completely agree, I personally think Bin Laden fleed ages ago, they were never going to catch him. Bush and his cabinet r playing a very dangerous game with the world, the so-called 'Axis of Evil' thing is not healthy, but in the end they have brought now the Tailban and its great and all but they have created so many more Bin Laden's, war doesn't sort anything out, the US has to look at it international polices to really fight terrioism. Also btw I really like the USA, and am not anti-America or anything, but I just think u have to ask why there things happen, and of course Sept 11th should never have happened but the question remains why did these people do it.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,676 Posts
i think he may be dead or he may not be .. but the thing that upsets me is that by showing people commiting suicide, people dying the smoke filling the streets, the wreckage site and all this i mean its only implanting hurt which soons turns to anger in the american people.... this is something bush wants he never wants us to forget the look upon "our brothers" faces and all the pain and anguish they caused for all the friends and families that were affected by the attacks.. one of my good friends lost his mother and i mean it tears him up everytime someone mentions it or he see's a pic and thats not the way to live.. i tutor children everyday from the ages of 4 to 9 and to see them scared of leaving their homes or fearful of someone's race incites anger in me.. i don't understand why the goverment and the news have to have it in our faces 24/7 since the morning of the attacks its just horrible everyone has suffered enough and there is no need for it.. i am more than sure no american will ever forget what happend.. i myself was watching it live and i seen the 2nd plane hit and people jumping.. i remember exactly what i was doing and what time it was and its something i will never forget in my life..

also i understand them in a sense.. people are angry with the us in that "we're big headed" and we have several reasons to be i mean we have made the most accomplishments in the world.. and what have you but to create such an anger in which someone could do such a thing i will never understand it..

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Aren't they saying now, that there are possibilities bin laden may be dead? Something about CIA missile or something? I kinda caught something on the radio. There was apparently a leader of some sort, and they thought it MAY be bin laden, but apparently can't confirm.

I think that he fled, and the govt know they won't be able to catch him, so now they're just saying that to relieve the public.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts