Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you, but I think that Navratilova, Austin and several others are much greater champions than King.
But King seems to have the mentality that she's the greatest tennis champion that has ever graced the tennis court! Why do I get that Vibe from her?
I don't know why she makes me feel that way!?
Maybe it's just me?!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
jen2justine said:
I don't know about you, but I think that Navratilova, Austin and several others are much greater champions than King.
But King seems to have the mentality that she's the greatest tennis champion that has ever graced the tennis court! Why do I get that Vibe from her?
Maybe it's just me?!
It is just you and you are a

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Opinion

Well I'm glad that you know me so well. Marcusrock!
That's a pretty rough accusation to make towards someone you don't even know!
This would allow you to judge your own character though!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
LOL

Reactions: Dawn Marie

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the same thing!

Lol

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
I think every great champion is a complete bitch to a certain degree. Just like on Broadway, you have to be kind of a bitch not to be devoured by your competition. If athletic or shot-making talent alone were the criteria, I think we would have a much different list of great champions.

BJK does come off as pretty arrogant, but she did originate much of the tour as we know it today, particularly the money, so at least she has earned the right. While her numbers as far as what she has accomplished do not approach those of Navratilova (except total Wimbledon titles), she had a far more distinguished career than Austin. I think she is remembered better for what she contributed off-court, rather than on-court, which I have read (Rita Mae Brown, though she had an axe to grind with BJK), irks the hell out of BJK.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
BJK does come off as pretty arrogant, but she did originate much of the tour as we know it today, particularly the money, so at least she has earned the right. While her numbers as far as what she has accomplished do not approach those of Navratilova (except total Wimbledon titles), she had a far more distinguished career than Austin. I think she is remembered better for what she contributed off-court, rather than on-court, which I have read (Rita Mae Brown, though she had an axe to grind with BJK), irks the hell out of BJK.
(Wait, let me put on my PC fucktard outfit from SAN FRANCISCO). :p OK, then: BJK not only took Philip Morris' blood money to let them call a sports circuit requiring aerobic performance The Virginia Slims Tour, she even joined their Board of Directors..... in 1999! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
To me she looks like she's on heroin or crack now. She has certainly gained a lot of weight since 1998 or so.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Whoever starts this thread is the Bitch ! Someone should be stupid enough to underestimate your motives. Jen being kicked out of the team is thing of the past , move on now ! The only thing I know is that Billie J. King and her team were very happy and accomplished a lot this week. Don't let anger and jealousy make you look and sound stupid !

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
jen2justine said:
Maybe it's just me?!
Its just you. I mean c'mon have you ever seen Billie Jean? She is very humble. I think you feel that way because of the incident with Jen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well YOYO, just so you know I wouldn't qualify as a bitch. I however have my own opinion, just as you do.
About the Capriati and BJK falling out, I didn't mention that in my post, I could care less the hostility they have for one another. I do however agree with Capriati.
Back to my point BJK IMO is far too arrogant. I just simply have never gotten a good vibe from her. I thought at one point it was just I, but I see now that I don't feel this way alone.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
jen2justine said:
Well YOYO, just so you know I wouldn't qualify as a bitch. I however have my own opinion, just as you do.
About the Capriati and BJK falling out, I didn't mention that in my post, I could care less the hostility they have for one another. I do however agree with Capriati.
Back to my point BJK IMO is far too arrogant. I just simply have never gotten a good vibe from her. I thought at one point it was just I, but I see now that I don't feel this way alone.
Of course you are not alone, all of Jennifer fans are right with you. ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Austin!? As in Tracy Austin? There is no way Austin is in the same league as BJK in terms of accomplishments. You're kidding.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Lynn said:
Austin!? As in Tracy Austin? There is no way Austin is in the same league as BJK in terms of accomplishments. You're kidding.
SERIOUSLY LOL! When I saw Austin's name in the post, I seriously thought this thread was a joke. And you know what?! IT IS!!! :) :p

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
"To me she looks like she's on heroin or crack now. She has certainly gained a lot of weight since 1998 or so"

I thought heroin and crackheads LOSE weight not put it on??

Pretty pathetic stuff going on in this thread and the other BJK one - she is a legend, Jennifer is high maintenance - BJK was right to impose the TEAM rules on Jennifer, ask Meghan and Monica, they sided with BJK so if anthing Jennifer is the one with the fat ego..

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bjk

BJK is responsible for the creation of the wta tour. Dont forget she sat out many slams in her prime till the tour was up and running. It was only in the late 80's that the thing with slams started (it wasnt such a big deal b4)

·
Banned
1,857 Posts
I just know that BJK is...!!!

:cool: HaH, I just know that BJK is lying awake at night, not eating, and just wringing her hands in "abject" misery, because Jen2Justine thinks Tracey Austin is a "greater champion" than she!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: BJK will, in all likelihood, just commit suicide because Jen2Justine thinks she's such a "bitch". Oh Lord, please, Father, let BJK make it through the night, Lord!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"ROFLMBAO at this thread...!!!" Too, fucking funny, just too fucking funny!!!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
BJK is a great role model who is happy at the moment and should be respected. Besides she paid her dues, and should not get ragged on cause she is not an active player anymore. It's not like BJK is out there whipping on your favorites and rushing the net. Only active players should have haters.;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.