Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF? Someone just mentioned that whoever wins gets 1 million dollars. Is that true?:eek:
Hell, that's a freaken grandslam prize money for 2 matches of exhibition. Can someone please confirm if that's true. If it is, I change my mind about this. I don't care how tired you are Venus, get your ass out there and get em' :lol:

·
Registered
25,073 Posts
LOL! I thought it was common knowledge that they were playing for @ least that much.

Keep up, Tennisn'tion.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
LOL! I thought it was common knowledge that they were playing for @ least that much.

Keep up, Tennisn'tion.
maybe someone doesnt have
any common sense??
:help::help:

·
Registered
11,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
since when did the price money in tennis become less??
It isn't, but I think the whole exhibition is dependent on ticket sales and advertisement. I'm not sure if women's tennis has enough power to pull in the kind of interest and electricity that Federer & Sampras did at the same venue.

·
Registered
15,098 Posts
It isn't, but I think the whole exhibition is dependent on ticket sales and advertisement. I'm not sure if women's tennis has enough power to pull in the kind of interest and electricity that Federer & Sampras did at the same venue.
well
why not??
doubting the Williams Sisters
capacity again??

This isnt women's tennis...
it more than that in my opinion...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
"On Monday, March 2, four of the best women's tennis players in the world will face off in a one-night single elimination event at Madison Square Garden for $1.2 million in prize money."

It's $1.2M split between all of them- with probably some deductions anyway.

·
Registered
7,745 Posts
"On Monday, March 2, four of the best women's tennis players in the world will face off in a one-night single elimination event at Madison Square Garden for $1.2 million in prize money."

It's $1.2M split between all of them- with probably some deductions anyway.
no it seems only the winner will get the money

·
it's just me against the music.
27,316 Posts
Hopefully the prize money is just being used as an incentive for the ladies to actually play real tennis and not exho tennis. We'll see, I guess.

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
Give it to Jelena so she can buy herself a serve, please.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts