Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ESPN mag voted John McEnroe the biggest whiner in all of sports!! :D
Who do you think is the biggest crybaby in the WTA??

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Honestly, and this will be very unpopular... Jelena Dokic. Only for her deragatory comments after losing some of her matches. If she's so convinced that she 'did nothing right' and all her opponents do is just not make errors, than she really needs to find a different style of game, because her's obviously won't work if that's her intention.

(I like Jelena, btw...so don't hate).

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Nav. she was still whining about matches years and years old a few years ago :eek:

sure I do that too about steffi matches but then I am a whiner with passion too:D

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
kim is not a whiner!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Alex..my girl. Always bitchin but like her "tell it like it is attitude" though.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,694 Posts
I've never thought of Capriati as a whiner. It has to be Dokic, not just for her post-match interviews, but for all that stuff about the Australian press, rigged AO draws etc. A real whingebag.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
One of the biggest whiners' of ALL time has got to be Graf!!If you don't believe me go look up what she had to say after one her of loses,it was unbelievable how ungracious and whiney she could be. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
yeah I try that to tell her bashers for years too but they ignore it since it doesn't fit with the image they created of her :eek:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
steffi was also called the female mac after eastbourne 98 :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
People we are not talking about players you don't like, we are talking about whiners.

If I was totally honest about on court whining I would have to say Jen. She is the closest to John McEnroe with her whining attacks during a match. And the thing about it is that she keeps doing it, because she can get away with it. John got away with it also. I guess the public accepts that type of behaviour from them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I dont think Graf whined much...she just wasnt always the most giving of the other persons play...which isnt horrible...most legends (I would assume) would think it was their own play that suffered that day more than they got whupped.

i think its pretty accurate to call john a whiner as was Navratilova...man could she sound so childish

i always thought there was a difference between being a 'telling it like it is' person or rude or whatever vs...being a whiner......serena doesnt whine (i dont think so at least) but martina n did quite a bit.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
I think Jen's on court behavior is a lot like Macs buth she is not like him off court, that honor would probaly go to Jelena. ;)

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
steffi doesn't whine about old tennismatches anymore. that's good:D

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
Hantuchova, Myskina, Dokic.
That's one of the reasons I don't like either of them.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
she never did that though!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts