·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANDREW WILLIS
TORONTO
PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 11, 2019
UPDATED SEPTEMBER 16, 2019

Bianca Andreescu expects to sign at least two major endorsement deals in the next few months, according to her agent, Jonathan Dasnières de Veigy, at sports-management agency Octagon Sports and Entertainment Network. Andreescu is currently sponsored by Nike, BMW, Head and vegan restaurant chain Copper Branch, which signed her for approximately $50,000 annually last year.

Andreescu is “authentic, fresh, very strong and fearless,” Dasnières de Veigy said, when asked to define the athlete’s personal brand. “At the same time, she is typically millennial and any teenager can see herself in Bianca.”

Andreescu began working with Octagon three years ago and Dasnières de Veigy said that over the past year, the agency introduced the tennis player to marketing executives at a number of global consumer-product companies, anticipating the day when she started winning tournaments. “Honestly, we didn’t think that day would come so soon, but now she’s arrived, we’re in a position where we don’t need to rush,” Dasnières de Veigy said.

“We’re turning down a lot of opportunities and offers. We want to be careful and extremely selectively, to do the right partnerships.

“First and foremost, we want to ensure that Bianca is at the peak of her game as a professional athlete,” said Dasnières de Veigy, a former professional tennis player. “Our job is to keep her life as simple as possible, so she can focus on tennis.”

A relaxed Bianca Andreescu spoke to the media in Toronto Wednesday morning, and reflected on the fame that has arrived on the heels of her U.S. Open win. She also shared a text message she’d received from rap star Drake honouring her success.

Octagon has eight employees working for Andreescu, including public-relations professionals and financial advisers. The tennis player has another seven staff taking care of her athletic needs, including trainers, a sports psychologist and practice partners.

Octagon, which has 50 offices in 22 countries, represents 70 tennis professionals. The agency also works with former NBA most valuable player Stephen Curry and swimmer Michael Phelps.

:cheer:

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
This isn't really news until she ends up signing the deals. Feels like an easy way for her agent to talk her up and increase their value.

Pretty sweet gig for Dasnières de Veigy by the way. He never won an ATP match and retired at 26.

Reactions: VeeJJ

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
This isn't really news until she ends up signing the deals. Feels like an easy way for her agent to talk her up and increase their value.

Pretty sweet gig for Dasnières de Veigy by the way. He never won an ATP match and retired at 26.
this:shrug: im sure she will sign big deals if she keeps up performing but this is just a fluff piece:shrug:

just focus on the tennis ,there's no need to indulge in stuff like this when she's winning matches .

·
Registered
38,327 Posts
She knows she's /that bitch/

Reactions: DuaZeepa

·
Registered
18,437 Posts
this:shrug: im sure she will sign big deals if she keeps up performing but this is just a fluff piece:shrug:

just focus on the tennis ,there's no need to indulge in stuff like this when she's winning matches .

Absolutely but Look at the date of the article (September 11)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
I think she signed a minor deal with the Intercontinental Hotel Group, as I've seen her new ads in the last week. Probably gets to stay anywhere they have a hotel for free while she's playing, plus some extra money for ads. A real win win deal for both parties, as every major tournament she's in has an Intercontinental, and they are really the best, most comfortable hotel chain in the world, that will help take off the pressure of travel and finding a discreet place to stay. And Intercontinental gets the hottest athlete in Canada.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Since when are people still in their teens millennials? The millennial age range just keeps getting wider and wider.

·
Registered
That Woman
4,706 Posts
Player forum.

OP has been a member here for 8+ years. This isn't even his 30th post.

Ladies and gentlemen, if you would like to send a DM to Octagon's PR intern, I think I found him/her.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Since when are people still in their teens millennials? The millennial age range just keeps getting wider and wider.
They're Gen Z

Reactions: VeeJJ

·
Registered
11,957 Posts
Great news for her mom. More Chanel bags are coming.
I wish she can also get some Michael Kors ones to match her colourful personality and for me to admire her handbags more.

·
Registered
16,279 Posts
If she's spokeswoman for millenials then can someone pass the message to her sponsor Copper Branch to reduce their hipster-exploitation?

I payed €9 just for a veggieburger the other day (price not counting the avocado or whatever side dish and drinks) and that's the lower range on the menu. This is worse than buying "coffee" at Starbucks

1 - 20 of 74 Posts