Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who still continue to pooh-pooh Kim's #1 ranking, remember this:

Kim is now holding 9 titles
Serena 7
Justine 6
Venus 2

Four weeks from now Serena will have 6, Venus will have 2 at most, Justine might have as many as 8. Kim will have at least 9. Maybe 11, including a Slam. Then she might go higher yet. Kim still has 4 free events to work with before she actually has to defend a title.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TSequoia01 said:
If Kim wins the Open the nitpicking will stop.
You know better than that. Nobody has ever taken the #1 ranking away from the Williams family since they got it, and their fans will not give up THAT easily. If Kim goes undefeated for the remainder of the year, the nitpicking will ALMOST come to a stop. Except a few will still say Kim may have 14 titles, but only one Slam. Serena has 2 Slams. Note: I don't expect Kim to go undefeated or get to 14 titles. 12 at the most.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
eta psi said:
Wasn't a thread similar to this created by the same poster (and bumped too recently)? What's the point of this thread? Kim achivements are great; but, the more similar threads you created, the more they become questionable. In other word, stop whining, dh.
Yes. Weren't 22 essentially identical threads made saying Kim was an unworthy #1? And I do believe that a number of people started 3-4 of them each.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Midnite Surfer said:
Ok. Wait a minute. We seem to be forgetting that Serena just won the Grand Slam. Congratulations to Kim and all but I don't have to nitpick. Serena has accomplished something that we have been lucky to witness as fans of tennis. Even if you can't bring yourself to see her as a human being and celebrate with her you can at least be respectful. Kim maybe number 1 for now but she has not done anything to be mentioned in the same breath as Serena.
Yes, that's fantastic. And Dawn can harp on and on about Serena's 6 Slams. But the bottom line is, the rankings only run 52 weeks. Serena only has 3 Slams that apply, and very soon it will be 2. Kim played, she earned the ranking. If Serena had adopted a decent schedule, she would not have lost the #1 ranking until after she was unable to defend any of the points from her US Open title.

· Registered
7,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Sweets_SJW said:
and the award for most annoying Kim fan goes to.....

im sure i told you to stop with the persecution complex already. you just say the same thing over and over and over......so tired :yawn:
What complex? Have you actually been READING the board? The persecution is quite real.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.