Tennis Forum banner

Best & Worst Predictions for the coming Season?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  xmasty 
#1 ·
I hope Tigerlenka can get a Grand Slam or 2 or 3 more tour titles, that would be great :yeah:
I fear the other players will adjust to her game or she will burn out or have a laps of self belief and it will hinder her. :sad:
What tournaments do you think she has the best shot at going far into the last rounds?

#2 ·
This season will be challenging in the sense that people are now well aware of her. Until now, people haven't really known what to expect of her and haven't concentrated that much on her strengths and weaknesses. Now that she's a big name, people will be training specifically for her and know what her strengths and weaknesses are. She will also be defending more points than ever before. I think we might see some bad losses.

However, if she can adjust to that, she could definitely win a big title. She has the capacity.

#3 ·
I believe her desire to be great and her power will continue to elevate her. I hope her fitness is improving as that was osaka's
greatest improvement year to year from 2017 to 2018. Sabby is a bigger woman and will need to stay very fit and play shorter points when possible. I can see her being the player to bring serve and volley back into the womans game as her serve gets her so many short balls she should naturally be stepping in on her first serve! Experience that she got late last season was amazing but she didnt have much of an offseason. I hope she stays healthy and has a huge year! She is definitly a top 5 player oof the future in my estimation!

#4 ·
ps i see her going deep again at US Open. she kind of melted down in match vs Osaka and will definitly be looking to improve on last years showing. Being on that stage so young like Osaka vs Keys in 2016 is a big deal and learning what that pressure really feels like is huge. she got tight for sure but has now felt that tightness in big tourneys and should be better with it in coming year! GO SABBY!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.