Tennis Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Damn...some of y'all have NO taste.

Here's my pick
I loved this Wonderland Dress that Venus wore at the 2011 Australian Open it was beautiful and Yellow is my favourite colour I also liked her 2010 Australian Open dress in Yellow

Serena

2012 Wimbledon & Olympics with 2015 Australian Open dress

·
Registered
87 Posts
the worst is of course cat suit and most of what Mattek Sands wore.
Talk about getting off topic just to instigate people in here. The catsuit may not have been for everyone, but it fit her perfectly and it made a heck of a statement. Take your shade elsewhere.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I loved this Wonderland Dress that Venus wore at the 2011 Australian Open it was beautiful and Yellow is my favourite colour I also liked her 2010 Australian Open dress in Yellow

Serena

2012 Wimbledon & Olympics with 2015 Australian Open dress
I'm sorry, but what? That apple pie lattice top was hideous! Venus' best outfits IMO were the white corset type dress she wore at Wimbledon and the scandalous black and red dress with the illusion underwear. The latter may not be for everyone, but it made a statement.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Talk about getting off topic just to instigate people in here. The catsuit may not have been for everyone, but it fit her perfectly and it made a heck of a statement. Take your shade elsewhere.
No, it was bad. And these are personal opinions so I cannot see how you can judge them as shade and instigations and all that jazz. Chill FFS.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
It's a very close tie...

Sharapova's black Ricardo Tisci Nike dress from 2017 US Open

Or...

Sharapova's 2015 red dress fom the Australian Open with the cut outs and paired with pink custom shoes...she looked sharp and played very well against Serena in that match.

Oh, honorable mentions are Sharapova's 2018 Wimbledon dress. I loved the back embellishments (she wore it in green in Montreal a month later). I also loved Maria's 2018 French Open blue strappy dress with the visible black halter bra and blue shoes. IW 2018 she looked great with the coral dress and pale pink shoes with black visor. She was serving lewks in 2018...too bad she was also serving tons of double faults.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
the worst is of course cat suit and most of what Mattek Sands wore.
It's not shade. It's the general consensus that she looked like a big trash bag filled with cottage cheese. It was NOT a good look and neither was the green cat suit from AO. I understand she wants to own her curves blah blah blah...but the bottom line is it looked like trash and garish. That's kind of her aesthetic though...maybe if she was her normal size it would look good like she did at the US Open this year.

Also, why is this thread getting inundated with Venus stans posting her ugly dresses? Those things look dreadful...except the Wimbledon ones...Venus Ebony Starr in her Wimbledon whites is her best look by far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really loved her 2011 Wimbledon outfit. It’s hard to find a good picture but it looked really good in real life.

This one was ghastly. I get what she was going for but the material was too cheap looking for it to work.

On the flip side, every other outfit she's worn at Wimbledon has been 100x more interesting than what everyone else wears.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Plenty of outfits from Sharapova over the course of her career... in the last decade at the Slams, two stand out:

- 2012 French Open
- 2017 US Open

·
Registered
15,352 Posts
Kiki Mladenovic 2017 Spring outfit:yeah:

41 - 57 of 57 Posts