Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering how ugly things can get on this message board - I would be interested in knowing who you think displays the best sportsmanship on the WTA tour. I know that a lot of you would nominate Kim Clijsters.....and I would agree. However I always like to see Ai Sugiyama play because she always seems to keep positive throughout her matches. She also seems to have a genuine smile when shaking hands after a match...regardless if she has won or not. It's a nice change from all the prima donnas on tour.

·
Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
Well Lindsay Davenport of course! ;)

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Lindsay Davenport, hands down!!!!!!
Monica is so gracious too, when she was playing and of course Kim, specially the US Open final.
Look at my signature, its what I'm looking for a fave.

·
Registered
18,664 Posts
I also would give it to Ai Sugiyama!

·
Registered
14,307 Posts
Venus Williams.

When she plays she gives it her all always remains positive and states kind words in defeat.

Lindsay is a terrible, when she is playing the sport she sulks ad looks pathetic. She is cool off the court but while playing she exudes UNSPORTMANSHIP like behavior. She won't even try for balls.

Venus Williams and Seles hands down. They give 100% on the court and are gracious off the court.

·
Registered
6,189 Posts
Dawn Marie said:
Venus Williams.

When she plays she gives it her all always remains positive and states kind words in defeat.

Lindsay is a terrible, when she is playing the sport she sulks ad looks pathetic. She is cool off the court but while playing she exudes UNSPORTMANSHIP like behavior. She won't even try for balls.

Venus Williams and Seles hands down. They give 100% on the court and are gracious off the court.
:rolleyes: what is so unsportmanships for not running for balls???

Venus??? I never hear her says the one who beats her is a better player except for Serena.

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
RIGHT ON THE BULLET! venus is the biggest off court snobbby up tight trollop i have ever seen! She insul5ts almost everyone and she mocks her opponents and she has no manners as well, her on-court ettiqette sucks!

Lindsay
Kim
Ai
Amanda
Monica

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
lindsay unsportsmanlike? :lol: :lol: what are you guys drinking?

kim
lindsay
ai
and monica

amanda looks a very nice person as well

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
QUEENLINDSAY said:
:rolleyes:
Venus??? I never hear her says the one who beats her is a better player except for Serena.
The truth is that they aren't!

In the past Venus would let you know it as well.
However, as she has matured, she gives her opponents credit when she does and doesn't win. Also, Venus hasone of the best if not the best attitudes on court.

Reactions: vs1

·
Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
I don't know if anyone caught it but I was being sarcastic about Lindsay having good sportsmanship. It looks like if she makes another UFE she will just quit the sport and never come back. Off court she seems to be a class act though.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Trish101 said:
RIGHT ON THE BULLET! venus is the biggest off court snobbby up tight trollop i have ever seen! She insul5ts almost everyone and she mocks her opponents and she has no manners as well, her on-court ettiqette sucks!

Lindsay
Kim
Ai
Amanda
Monica
I guess because 9/10 times she
kicks the crap out of your favorites! ;)

It's widely known that Venus isn't very talkative with players outside of Serena or Alexandra. Venus is an introvert that can at times be precieved as aloofness or arrogance, but that's just Venus and it doesn't make her a bad person or a sport, so get off of it! :p

Her on-court ettiqette is impecable,
wasn't it Venus who waved with a smile on her face to a French crowd
that was booing her as she left the court?!? :angel:

Venus is the Queen!!!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Lindsay might not fight on court,but it's different with sportsmanship!!if it's enough to fight and to runn on every ball in order to be a nice person and good sportmanlike,well then also connors and mc enroe were gracious...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think Venus Williams. She's always gracious, and the Belgian crowd loves to see her play at the Proximus Diamond Games (although the organizers probably hope she will not win a 3rd time because they would have to give her the diamond racket then ;) )

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.