Tennis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What were the best points/rallies of the year so far?

Of course im biased so i am going to say, venus' one-handed backhand passing shot at wimbledon and srebotnik

I dont really remember any others :p

But i did hear that in the antwerp finals, kim dropped her racket and had to pick it up and still won the point, i didnt see it but it sounded cool ;)

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
I don't remember what the big deal about that one-handed backhand was...I mean, two-handed players often have to hit with one hand, and some hit good shots, no? I should see it again, as maybe Venus was more on the run than I remember.

Two points I still remember - but it's only been a week - were great running passing shots against Justine. One was in the SF when Jennifer ran all the way across the court to nail that forehand down the line...and she nearly ended up in the plants.

Another great one was the point Kim played to go up 5-4 in the first set of the final. She got back a couple overheads, and then she ran up for that scoop forehand passing shot.

If we are talking men's tennis, too, the Ferrero/Agassi point where Ferrero hit the between-the-legs shot and then hit a winner off the drop shot was a classic!

·
Banned
191 Posts
Kim vs. Justine, the summer hardcourt final they played. A long rally that ended with a seemingly unreachable Justine dropshot, Kim ran about two feet from the net, did a quick split to avoid running into the net, and scooped the shot barely over the net back to Henin. Henin volleyed the ball crosscourt, only to find Clijsters lunging for the ball and Kim hit a backhand volley winner past Justine. Justine applauded the point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts