Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the best pont you've ever seen?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,493 Posts
Us Open semifinal 1999
Martina Hingis vs Venus Williams
the score was 6-1 4-6 5-3 30-15.........OMG I CAN STILL REMEMBER IT SO WELL!:eek:
I think it was the best point ever and Martina was the one who won it!:hearts:

·
Veelieve!!!
32,584 Posts
I'd have to say when VW fell during the 2000 US Open against MH... She was down , stood up , and still won the point at the net...

·
25,391 Posts
1990 French Open final-Seles and Graf. Drop shots, stab volleys, and great crowd reaction(cheering twice for shots they thought were winners),it even had part of the crowd shusshing the other! Graf won it after yanking Seles from here to eternity. Graf won the point, but Seles had the fnas in her corner and won the match. A new star was born that day:)

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
I remember that point!! I nearly wet myself!

·
Registered
610 Posts
French Open Final 1996. Sanchez- Vicario against Steffi Graf.
Arantxa won the point after she don't dominated the point.

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
this popped into my head, and it's not the best point in tennis ever but it's a pretty good one of anna for me. 4th round vs. venus willaims, wimbledon '99. she was down set point in the second set. venus was playing strong. and anna goes to the net, fends off passing shots three times, with stab volleys. both were inside the service boxes and anna saves set point with a reflex volley. i almost had a heart attack watching it cos the balls were so fast. afterwards anna makes this gesture slapping her forehead and going *whew*...

also i love it when she hits these sky hooks. it seems she's fond of them

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
2001 Aus Open Quarter final Serena vs Martina.

When Serena saved a match point, after Martina seemed in control of the point. Oh, it was such a good point, and a great match too!!

·
Registered
14,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, could you guys be more graphic in your description?

stroke-by-stroke description if possible :D
cause i'd really like to know.

·
Registered
32,041 Posts
My favourite point was the last point of the Semi Final Between Martina Hingis and Mary Pierce at RG 2000.

And the last point is when Martina lost.

regards

Mark

·
Registered
12,118 Posts
Agree on *Martina_Fan* :)

That point was incredible!! I thought Serena was going to lose that point, cause if the risk :eek:

And she did a brilliant drop shot :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
cant really remember any point...

i cant really remember any point :confused: but i sortta remebered the point *martina_fan* talked about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts