Tennis Forum banner

Who is the best women's tennis player in the world?

• Justine Henin-Hardenne

Votes: 47 49.0%
  • Maria Sharapova

Votes: 19 19.8%
  • Serena Williams

Votes: 30 31.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this poll on another site and I was a bit surprised by the results. I want to see if the poll turns out differently here.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Justine, check the rankings.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
Without a doubt Sharapova. Who else has ever managed to overpower Serena? She's the only player ever to have beaten Serena in such a one-sided, convincing manner. Now Serena knows she ain't the one to rule the WTA world but Maria is the one!

·
Registered
15,344 Posts
Justine Henin-Hardenne.
Currently holding 2 slams and 6 other titles!

Nobody does better than her.

Btw, why is Serena in this poll and not Myskina? :confused:
After all Myskina's holding a slam title, Serena isn't!

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Brαm said:
Justine Henin-Hardenne.

Very true!!

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
still say Justine....Serena was at once and she still can become it again, but not at this time..Maria?! Well, let´s see her posting results like this consistently first.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
azza said:
Nicole Pratt :wavey:
No wonder you have posted so many **tarded posts bloody every now and then.:eek:

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Brαm said:
Justine Henin-Hardenne.

lol...Myskina will NEVER considered as the "best player in the world", she lacks consistency, but then I wouldn´t understand the choice of Sharapova...I know she won a GS, but that shouln´t be it. Right now, there are just only two player who can be considered as maybe "all-time" bests and those are Serena and Justine.

Let´s wait two/three years and maybe Nastya and Masha also can get this "title" of best player;)

·
Banned
100 Posts
i saw someone post "nobodies ever beaten serena in such a convincing way"...Capriati beat Serena straight sets...64 64, and actually was up 51 in the second....so thats not completely true....i certainly wouldnt say Sharapova is #1, she was #1 at wimbledon...but honestly, there all just so close.

·
Banned
100 Posts
justine has three slams....? :confused:

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
Spunky83 said:
lol...Myskina will NEVER considered as the "best player in the world", she lacks consistency, but then I wouldn´t understand the choice of Sharapova...I know she won a GS, but that shouln´t be it. Right now, there are just only two player who can be considered as maybe "all-time" bests and those are Serena and Justine.

Let´s wait two/three years and maybe Nastya and Masha also can get this "title" of best player;)
I don't think the lack of consistency is the main reanon for not including Nastya is such polls, Indeed, she has some bad loses, but still she has GS, tier 1, some tier 2 in last 10 months. Only Justine has more. And has Masha proved better consistency so far?
The main reason is that Nastya hasn't brutal power, but it will be funny if she reaches #1, whether they will continue ignore her

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Nastyafan said:
The main reason is that Nastya hasn't brutal power, but it will be funny if she reaches #1, whether they will continue ignore her
It´s sad, but I guess she can win as many tourneys as she wants but she won´t be considered as a threat to the "Top-players" anyway. Maybe it is because of her lack of strenght or her lack of having this :mad: "I´m gonna kill you, you little opponent"-look on court;)...I don´t know, but I hope, I hope that it will change, you don´t need to be a big wild lion on court to win, that´s why Nastya really admires Hingis :kiss:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Spunky83 said:
It´s sad, but I guess she can win as many tourneys as she wants but she won´t be considered as a threat to the "Top-players" anyway. Maybe it is because of her lack of strenght or her lack of having this :mad: "I´m gonna kill you, you little opponent"-look on court;)...I don´t know, but I hope, I hope that it will change, you don´t need to be a big wild lion on court to win, that´s why Nastya really admires Hingis :kiss:
Myskina deserves to be in there, she has beaten most of the top players int he past year and has won a slam. Thats more than anyone else apart from Justine has done.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
JCF said:
Myskina deserves to be in there, she has beaten most of the top players int he past year and has won a slam. Thats more than anyone else apart from Justine has done.
I know and you guys know that I am a big fan of her, but somehow she just isn´t considered as a serious threat. Just ask the others, how far she will go at the US open and all the people will tell you she´s going to lose in the QF again or maybe lose in the first rounds. Ask how far Williams, Justine, J-Cap can go and they will tell you at least final. That´s just the way it is.

·
Registered
13,105 Posts
Momo of course. She leads the Porsche Race, so she's been best this year. :worship:

Actually, I think that Serena is still the best. One loss doesn't change that. I voted for her. If I had to choose someone to play to defend my life, it would be Ree...not Momo, Masha, Nastya, or even Juju.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts