Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess this has already been posted about 159610965 times or so but I just was wondering about that so post !!!
NOt only for the quality but for what it meant for you of the team:bounce:
For me the best one was that which gave Real Zaragoza the Cup winner's cup in 94 or so, it was in Paris, Parq des Princes, last minute of the added time (120') and suddenly Nayim saw Arsenal goalkeeper Seaman a bit out of his post so he threw a shoot from almost his kitchen:p ....and it was in!!!
We were Champions !!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Of course those from Maradona against England were great :devil: at least one of them:p

·
Registered
15,248 Posts
Well for me it has to be Roberto Carlos's free kick v France for Brazil. The famous banana goal where the ball boy ducked out of the way because he thought it was going wide ;) I love that one! Also the one he scored from almost the corner flag for Real. Dont remember who it was against aand fluke or not I think it was geat.

Plenty more but they are the only 2 that really stick in my mind.

Maradona :fiery: *cheat* :p

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
Oh, 7 goals come to mind...
3 on this lovely evening in 1998 (July 12th to be precise).
2 two days before this when Croatia led 1/0 against us but Thuram scored twice (and he scored only twice in his whole career with the national team :D).
And two others during the final of the European Championships in 2000. I had so much fun watching my italian friends' faces turn from :D to :mad: whenever I mentioned that last year :p (but the made fun of me during the World Cup :sad: ).
It's like a spell... I can't mention it anywhere. Even my best friend here who is austrian (but lived for a while in Italy) gets angry every time we talk about it... She's starting to make me cheer for la Roma though (me... a French cheering for an Italian team :eek:).

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
uhhhhh

nice thread! :lick:

i guess i saw many milions of goals, im not jokin, but my fav one was....
uhmmmmm
difficult to say, but i vote for a yuri djorkaeffs goal in inter roma 4 or 5 years ago

it was a shot ....how do u call it in english? in spanish its called bicicleta i guess, here in italy rovesciata, its the shot when u jump and flyhit back at the goal...understand??

bye bye :wavey:

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dubro said:
uhhhhh

nice thread! :lick:

i guess i saw many milions of goals, im not jokin, but my fav one was....
uhmmmmm
difficult to say, but i vote for a yuri djorkaeffs goal in inter roma 4 or 5 years ago

it was a shot ....how do u call it in english? in spanish its called bicicleta i guess, here in italy rovesciata, its the shot when u jump and flyhit back at the goal...understand??

bye bye :wavey:
;) Clear as water, in Spanish we called that "chilena";)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
that Roberto Carlos goal from almost at the corner flag was :eek:
Michael Owen's goal during France98
Zinedine Zidane's goal in the CL final :eek:

so many

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
The most important I can remember is from 1995....Ernst Happel stadium in Vienna, CL-final, Ajax vs. AC Milan, 85th minute, Patrick Kluivert....:worship:

A very beautiful one that sticks in my mind, is from the quarterfinals of the WC in France, 98, Netherlands-Argentina, Dennis Bergkamp with a great goal after an even greater pass from Frank de Boer (it's a miracle :p)

Also, from this season, Alfred Schreuder from NAC in a match against...uhm....AZ I think (not sure :eek:).

Oh, and how could I forget Marco van Basten's beautiful goal from the EC 88! I can't remember it (was 3 years old ;)), but I've seen it so often that can dream it ;)

·
41,227 Posts
Linda...do you know there are other soccerplayers next to the dutch? :p

anyway that Bergkamp goal was brilliant..

and that goal from Schreuder too :eek:

·
Vamorza!
57,175 Posts
Yes, I do know, but I remember their goals best of course!

Plus propi said you could also mention important goals, that's why I mentioned Kluivert and Van Basten.

but ok, to mention another amazing goal that hasn't been mentioned yet...Ronaldinho against Seaman at WC 2002

·
6,694 Posts
Em said:
Maradona :fiery: *cheat* :p
Yep, but his other goal in that England-Argentina match was awesome.

Zidanes Champions League goal.

Beckhams half-way line goal against Wimbledon.

And Norman Whiteside in the 1985 FA Cup final, although I haven't seen it for a while so I don't know how it stands up against the others.

·
5,857 Posts
Roberto Carlos's banana free kick against France;
Mendieta's top-corner volley from the edge of the area a few years ago in a Real Madrid match;
Bergkamp's perfect right-foot curler, Arsenal vs Barnsley, 1998;
Thierry Henry's back-to-the-goal, flip-it-up-and-volley-it-from-35-yards goal last season;
and my favourite, Dean Saunders's brilliant goal for Sheffield Utd vs Port Vale where he took a throw-in against the goalie's back and then side-footed it in! Genius!

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
adnil said:
Yes, I do know, but I remember their goals best of course!

Plus propi said you could also mention important goals, that's why I mentioned Kluivert and Van Basten.

but ok, to mention another amazing goal that hasn't been mentioned yet...Ronaldinho against Seaman at WC 2002
:eek:
So finally I rule!!:bounce:
Watch out people, I'm the boss in here:p
Yes a goal can be important for you in many ways, so don't discriminize them
About Maradona, of course he was cheating, but he wasn't caught and the other has been noted as the best of history by many

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
In terms of quality, Beckham's lob over Wimbledon's Neil Sullivan from the half way line takes some beating! :)

But in terms of my favourite personal goal it came in my favourite ever macth which was Newcastle V Feyenoord at De Kuip in the 1st stage of the Champions League.

After losing our first 3 matches we still managed to get through thanks to a favour from Juventus and a great never say die performance from Newcastle United!.

We were 2-0 ahead and Juventus were winning 1-0 and it looked like we were crusing but then it all started to go wrong. Kiev equalised which meant our score in Holland was irrelevant, if they got a point we were out and they qualified. Then Feyenoord scored 2 goals in 8 minutes and it was a head in hands quarter of an hour as Feyenoord became the better team from out of nowhere. Then Juve took the lead to make it 2-1. This meant that if we could just nick a goal and Juve held out Kiev we'd be through!

We had chance after chance and we just couldn't get the 3rd goal. It was looking bleak but in the 94th minute Kieron Dyer ran through the defence and tried to pass a shot past the keeper but he got a hand to it and pushed it away. Craig Bellamy got to it first and from an extremely tight angle hit the ball with all the force he could manage towards the goal. It hit off the Feyenoord keeper and ended up in the bottom right hand corner! WE HAD DONE IT!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

After that followed a great night of booze and celebration!!!!

GREAT GREAT GREAT MATCH! :)

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
I thought that final was Liverpool V Man Utd? :confused:

I might be wrong, I just remember thinking what a boring final that one was. :p

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
That one was pretty boring as well, apart from the early Di Matteo goal.

Come to think of it, all the later FA Cup finals at Wembley were pretty terrible (the worst being Villa V Chelsea and both the Newcastle losses for obvious reasons).

·
Registered
9,173 Posts
controlfreak said:
Mendieta's top-corner volley from the edge of the area a few years ago in a Real Madrid match
Yes, I was going to say this one... (btw, it was while he was playing for Valencia v. Barcelona ;))
Also, Rivaldo's last minute goal v. Valencia in the season's last match... that chilena or reverse kick or whatever, I'm sure you know which one I mean.

And, of course, Maradona's second goal v. England at México'86 :p

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Central said:
Also, Rivaldo's last minute goal v. Valencia in the season's last match... that chilena or reverse kick or whatever, I'm sure you know which one I mean.
Saw that goal on Sky Sports Classics this week. That was fantastic

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Paulo Wanchope's goal vs Man Utd in 1996/97 season for Derby. A total unknown signed from Costa Rica making his league debut at Old Trafford, and what a way to do it.

Brendan Morgan vs Chorley 99/00 season (away at Victory Park for Belper), the game needed a goal to take it by the jaffas, and at the end of the first half, Belper winger Brendan Morgan skinned three defenders and lashed in an unstoppable shot which hit the bar and went in... I so wish I still have the audio of the Belper fans on that day, bloody brilliant.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts