Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!

i kinda interested in who your best mate is. Whats he/she called and why are you best mates?

·
Registered
34 Posts
my best friend changes over the years. Some people only ever have one best friend, but i always have bad luck with my best friends, ie. they move overseas or move interstate.

my best friend now has been my friend for about 11 years, but we've only become best friends over the last 2 years or so. We went overseas together for 6 weeks last year, but we still don't see eachother much, but we talk every day on icq when we're at work! Funny that, 'cos we only work about 2 blocks away from eachother :) We talk about everything so i guess that's why he's my best friend!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
41,227 Posts
I don't have 1 best friends..I have about 6-8 very close and good friends...I don't pick one as THE best..

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,162 Posts
Kisha, Darling!

Would You Like To Be My Best Friend?

(I am rather suprised that Perv4ever is only sleeping with 6 or 8 people!)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, course i will be your best friend, though you didnt have to ask cause i thought we were anyway!!:) ;)

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Hi Kish...
my best mate is called Pete..
why is he? i think its circumstantial , u see my parents are family friends with his , so he and I initially met at 0 years old.....my first friend! :)

and in the 19 years i've known him we've never ad an argument ,well never a big one...actually VERY rare that we have a small one too , in fact i cant remmeber it happening...lol.....

after him...BIG gap , i like all my friends equally...i hate putting them in groups cos each friend is special in a different way to me!
:wavey:

·
63,524 Posts
Well, I don't have best friends but I have good friends... I don't pick one as BEST FRIENDS :p

·
Banned
692 Posts
Hey Kisha

My best mate Is Adrian (No not the Adrian form here)
Adrian Wiseman,

We geta long real well. All his hobbies are all mine and we allways tihnk the same, and try to manipulate things. We both love politics and try and make New Zealand a beta place.

Itw asnt allways peachy, We only came best friends in abut august last year, as we didint really like each other,

Hes cool

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I used to have a best friend, M, all through primary school. But then we drifted apart when we got to high school. M was always great to talk to. She knew the right things to say, when to say them. We could talk about everything.

I had a best friend, J, in the latter years of high school. But kinda drifted apart too. She was always there for me, if I ever needed someone. She would listen, when I wanted to talk, she knew when to push, and when not to. She cheered me up when I needed to be.

My friends always seem to leave me, hmm, whats this saying about me? tsk tsk you need to reflect, girl There's something seriously wrong with me.

They are both true friends, I don't know what I would have done without them. They made my life better.

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
i don't have a best friend. i have lots of good friends and a group of best friend but not one person labeled as best friend. we all have fun together ....hmmm.... this one person whom i could say im closest to has a best friend before she met me so nope...no best friend here

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Like Per, I don't have 1 best friend, but gang of very close friends. Three gangs actually. One group are my friends from boarding school. Then there's the group of Uni friends, my closest friend there is Els Callens's cousin.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
;)@Tineke!

Three gangs actually. One group are my friends from boarding school. Then there's the group of Uni friends, my closest friend there is Els Callens's cousin.

There are two possible comments:

1- How sweet! The WTAworld forum is the third group :hearts:

2- There are three kinds of people. Those who can count and those who can't :eek:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
LOL gmt! I never expected anyone to actually read what I write;)

1st group: boarding school gang
2nd group: Uni gang, people studying the same as me, people I met in class
3rd group: another Uni gang, students from other departments I met during activities that had nothing to do with studying;)
4th group (yeah, I can't count): people I met at another website, I call them friends, we've met in real life,we chat and e-mail a lot
5th group: WTAworld people...only 5th, sorry, but I've yet to meet any of you (that will change next week!).

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
my best mate's called Ria... I met her while we were being interviewed for places at uni. It was pretty strange because I was already talking to a group of people I'd met as we were going to find food, saw this girl walking a little way behind us, and just randomly asked her to join us - which is something I never used to do (until about 2 years ago, I was quite shy... no more, though). Anyway, I never thought I'd have a 'best' friend, but we're really soulmates, we have this really odd, almost telepathic mind-meld at times. And most people thought we were going out in the 1st year of uni owing to us emerging from each others' rooms at 8 in the morning... but the best relationships are never the romantic sort. It's not good right now though - I transferred uni at the end of my 1st year (lots of stuff, didn't like the course etc.) and now I miss her intensely.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
My best mate is called Kim and it's cos I'm allowed to wind her up and take the piss out of her (in a nice way...?) and she won't take it personally and will joke with me. She doesn't share your secrets and respects the fact that I'm quite immature ;)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I have 2

Carys a girl shes in my school year basically we both have a great laugh together and we totally trust eachother!

And my other one is Gareth a boy whos in the year bellow me in school we both have a love of tennis and we have a laugh together!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't have a best friend because I don't really like to segregate them, cause while they each offer something different, I respect them all in the same equal way. I have about four really close friends. All of them are abroad right about now. Coincedentally, 2 in each city, NY and Toronto. I'm kinda lonely now, just haven't clicked with the right people yet.

My closest friend is Fiona. I miss her terribly. We've been through so much, and I know she's having a hard time at Uni and I feel so helpless that I can't be there to help her through it. But she knows she's in my thoughts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts