Out of these options I would say Destiny's Child

·
Registered
663 Posts
dESTINY's Child

·
Registered
15,025 Posts
Gotta love All saints & Destiny's Child (and Eternal!)

:)

·
Premium Member
181,846 Posts
Mis-Teeq beats them all hands down :)

give me all three of them ;)

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Close between Destiny's Child and En Vogue... la Vogue really paved the way but I have to say DC a) have better material and b) are more innovative. Even though Kelly and Michelle are just glorified backing vocalists.

All Saints were pretty cool but too patchy, and the Appleton sisters are ridiculous women. Spice Girls were crap. Eternal were a 57th rate En Vogue.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Um, Sleater-Kinney are officially the best Girl Group ever! :rolleyes:

Out of that list, well En Vogue's 'Masterpiece Theatre' is very good. They don't have the force of personality to make them a great Girl Group.

All Saint's when push comes to shove were instantly forgettable. quite bland actually, musically and their alleged 'phwoar' appeal certainly wanes with time (these things are important, Dammit!) Personality-wise there's plenty to get yr teeth into.

Spice Girls for what they did, and how they did it wipe the floor with everyone (even if they were the product of nasty, bald overweight men), they totally caught everyone napping. Five complete individuals. The ONLY girl band ever (to my knowledge) to have I guess what you'd call synonyms that transcend their names; Sporty, Baby, Ginger, Scary, Posh (even though she's not at all posh!).

They probably are the best (in the iconoclastic sense of the word) girl group since the Ronettes. Or something.

Destiny's Child are (very) good, BUT..... they are basically Beyonce Knowles & Co. and the ingredients that make a great girl group are the different personalities, how they interact how they make up the whole.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
186,265 Posts
What? My favorite, all female group is not on the list! It is a trio, consisting of: Pea, Carot, and Per4ever! They call themselves: "The Perverted Veggies!" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
836 Posts
1.En Vogue
2.Destinys Child 97-00

.... big Gap...

3.All Saints
4.Eternal
5.Spice Girls

...big gap...
Destinys Child 2001/2

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
When my evil plan comes to fruition and I rule the world (not long now, my pretties), I shall, I´m afraid, have to sentence all of the above named acts to a lifetime in Siberia with only the local yak for company as a punishment for crimes against taste.
Destiny´s Child are the only exceptions, and its touch and go after that Christmas album debacle...

(Oh alright, I admit, Viva Forever will always be a fantastic song...)

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Out of those options I think Eternal were the best vocalists. Destiny's Child are way overrated I think. Some damn funky singles but incredibly dull albums in my opinion. En Vogue have the class and the vocals but are too sporadic in thier output. All Saints had a couple of cracking singles but too much filler on the albums while I don't like The Spice Girls but they were great at what they did.
As far as the r'n'b vibe goes I still prefer TLC to these choices. As for girl groups who can forget the greatness of Babes In Toyland, Bananarama and Fuzzbox!

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
and the midpoint between those two - Shakespear´s Sister.

MirjanaFan - did you know Fuzzbox´s old bassist is now playing for Babes in Toyland?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
JonBCn: Maggie, the one with the really bad teeth!!! OMG! Now that is a turn up for the books.

I think Q did a 'Where are they Now?' feature on them a while back, and Tina (drums) and Jo (guitar) were doing like incidental music of something (this may be totally wrong, as it's from my - rather dodgy - memory). Vicki (vocals) was doing something akin to session work I think.

Jeez, so Maggie relocated to the states? Hey, Babes In Toyland played in London recently. I've never been a fan, but I would have gone just for the laugh!

Gosh, and they say you learn a new thing everyday.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts