Registered
1,300 Posts
Doubles Queens?????

What's yours?? :p

You forgot Davenport and Morarui!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Venus and Serena are not the best doubles technitians but when they play they are very good.

Hingis and Anna are good as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Doubles Queens?????

GrandSlammed said:
What's yours?? :p

You forgot Davenport and Morarui!
:sad:

I know! I pressed the stoopid buttom by accident :(

I had that 4th option... oh well, they are great too!
I hope Corina gets better :)

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
SPICE GIRLS!:D

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Team adidas of course...

plus any partnership Natasha Zvereva would team up with [Gigi Fernandez/Lindsay/Martina H/Anna/...]

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
You can't beat the Spice Girls.
(As if anyone wouldn't have know I'd say that.)

And if anyone doubts Team adidas, maybe I should suggest that you read all the mindless posts I wrote, raving about each and every breath they took. (which I'm sure, was also unison)

·
Registered
654 Posts
let's go spicegirls!:bounce:

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Hingis-Kournikova are probably the best team around at the moment.

I think Raymond-Davenport was very good too. If they were a regular team, I think they'd definitely be challenging Hingis-Kounikova.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Williams/Williams are good too :D They are so hard to break ;) :p

I think Spice Girls and Team Williams should play one day, then we'll know who is better!!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I'm pretty sure that The Spice Girls have played the Williams sisters before. I can't remember the result though...

·
20,610 Posts
I don't remember that happening. Monica/Martina did play Williams before though

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Oooooooh, I found it.

Hingis-Kounikova lost to Williams-Williams 3-6 7-6 6-8 in the RG final 1999

Close, very very close!

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
yes. that was a very close match. the spice girls were two points away from victory. but anna was serving.....she doubles faults twice in a game and the williams end up getting a break. they lose the second set in the tiebreak and a long third set as well....

hope they play again so. not very likely that'll happen anytime soon though.....maybe RG?

·
20,610 Posts
Oh yeah... so that supports my stand that Venus/Serena are better than Anna/Martina ;) :D

I do hope they play again soon... they will surely provide the best doubles in a long time!! :D

And the drama they will give too.... those 2 teams must hate each other to the core. *shudders*

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Actually Venus and Serena were up 6-3, 5-2(double break) in that match.. but martina and Anna were able to forced the second set tiebreak.. in the 3rd set Anna served for the match at 5-4 and they even had a match point.. but they eventually lost when Anna lost her serve at 6-7 in the third set..

Overall Martina/Anna have a 62-3 record with all there loses coming in three sets..
Every tournament they have palyed together and finished they have made the final....

16 events for 11 wins 4 runner ups (didn't play the final in sydney 2002) and semis in Filderstadt in 2001 (didn't play that match due to martina's injury)

·
Banned
1,870 Posts
Oh yeah... so that supports my stand that Venus/Serena are better than Anna/Martina
what the?
i can't believe i just supported someone else's stand that the spice girls aren't the best team

and OHMiGOD! and i call myself a fan?!
that last post had no logic or sense at all! i stayed up all night just to watch this thing!

tnx ajayares. exkwuuuse me...i've got to go kill myself....

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
Martina with who ever!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts