Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Jelena Dokic

Votes: 3 3.8%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? When Mary won the French she was hitting angles nearly every second shot, it was great! (poor Conchi couldn't run them down :p )

Of course Martina is always good at it, and Venus when she thinks about it, so who do u think?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Has to be Monica or Serena :)

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Monica. One time I saw her reel in a 16 pound Northern Pike, as calm as could be. She even scooped it up in the landing net with one hand while holding the rod with her other.

·
Devoted Capriati-Ite
194,209 Posts
I've seen Jennifer hit some cross court forehands that were just amazing! Especially on the run!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
lol DH... I absolutely agree :) ;)

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
Monica makes great angles from deep in the court hit hard that are BREATHTAKING.

Martina can create unbelievable short angles and hit those angles with increasing sharpness from in front of the service line a la AGASSI. They are also AMAZING.

So two different types of angles for two different types of players equally wonderful for me.

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Martina and Monica of course.They are so talented,if I could just hit angles like them when im playing against my friends..:eek:

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,711 Posts
I am divided on this, I must say. If we talk controlled flat power angles, that's Monica. If we talk running forehand/backhand angles. That's perhaps , Venus. If we talk spin angles of typical baseline rally, that's Martina.

·
Registered
15,250 Posts
dh and WR seem to be stalking monica :rolleyes:

watch out monica ;)

·
Registered
600 Posts
At this years Aussie final, Martina stepped yard or two in front of the baseline to take a relatively short backhand. She angled it halfway between the net and the service line, spinning off the court at almost 90 degrees. It was a slow shot, too, but Jen had no chance of getting to it.

She does that shot a lot. It's beautiful.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Monica... some of her angled shots are simply amazing and out of this world... same for her return of serve:bounce:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well I would say u missed out the best and that is Conchi :), I saw her once in the Canadian Open against Martina they had a bit of a rally and then decided to have a who can get the best angle and win the point, Conchi just totally out angled Martina with the heavy topspin and in the end Martina just could not get to the ball., plus those angles that she created on winning Wimbledon against Martina N she just has to be up there.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
I was also going to say vintage Martinez would be the best followed by Hingis and Seles. Sabatini and Sanchez at their peak produced some amazing angles with all their topspin too.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Lindsay

·
Premium Member
182,353 Posts
I'm with DH on this

I had no idea how many went fishing :scary

1 - 20 of 27 Posts