Tennis Forum banner

Who Will win The Best Actress in the Leading Role at the Academy Award 2002!

• Judy DENCH

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Nicole KIDMAN

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Sissy SPACEK

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Renee ZELLWEGER

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Halle BERRY

Votes: 12 24.5%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
I agree lol, i hope Nicole gets it :)

·
stubborn procrastinator
111,430 Posts
I would love to see Halle Berry get an Oscar :D , she truely deserves it, but I don't think it's going to happen. :(

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
I think Nicole will get it! Her card's come up.
I wouldn't mind to see Renee win it though, but I don't think she will.

·
Banned
2,029 Posts
In my humble opinion, Sissy Spacek will win her second Oscar come late March. It's not guaranteed but she is the heavy favorite, having swept many of the preliminary awards like the Golden Globes (for Drama) and many major American critics' awards (NY, LA). My pick to upset Sissy: Halle Berry, who was spectacular in "Monsters Ball".

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
Halle Berry was so incredibly shit in the X-Men I can't pick her because it's against my principals to do so ;)

Nicole, yeah, alright, she would be my favourite personality wise, but I thought she was better in The Others...

Sissy Spacek - I want to see this film so much. But I haven't yet, so I can't vote for her. SHE WILL WIN

Renée - Did a good job, put on weight blah blah blah, her English accent sucked beyond any recognition of an english accent. I'm sorry but nobody apart from Gwyneth paltrow speaks like that.

Judie Dench - She's great, and old. Should give her as many Oscars as they possibly can before she retires/dies (which ever comes first)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Nicole is my choice, but since I don't get to vote, Sissy Spacek will most likely win it. If there were to be an upset, it would probably be Nicole causing it. (Wish wish jellyfish)

Zellwegger can be counted out for now. But if she kissed a little ass and sucked a little dick, she might have it in the bag.

Berry, while she probably put in a good performance, will never be taken seriously enough to be an Oscar winner, epsecially after that whole "debacle" with the rumoured extra $500,000 for a nude scene in Swordfish.

Dench will miss out again, but should be considered the third favourite if there were such a thing. I don't even think she cares.

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
If Nicole Kidman wins, I swear to god, I will never never pay to see another movie again..the SAG got it right when they nominated this no talent for nothing :D

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Nicole won't win. Her lack of a SAG nomination shows that she was definitely on the bubble. Even Zellweger got the SAG nomination, and so if Jenn Connelly hadn't been pushed for Supporting Actress, she would have made the Best Actress ballot before Nicole.

It's Sissy or Halle, I've been saying this for weeks and that's not going to change. Sissy will win right now but Halle is picking up buzz and could made a late charge.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Im rooting for Halle. I think that in lieu of some lightweight roles, she has proved her self worthy to be considered for Oscar glory. My heart is hoping for her, but in all honesty, I think that Sissy will win. That wouldnt be a big disappointment for me coz I like her, but Im hoping for Halle.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
Who cares... Oscars quite lost their credibility with their recent awards.. From what supposed to be an Academy Award, and what supposed to be about an art of cinema it has transormed into lets-award-what-public-likes society.

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
Right, but when I am interested in which movies are really the best, I prefer Kannes by a mile. I mean, Gladiator the best film? Titanic - the best film? In terms of money - maybe, but in terms of art of cinema? Nonsense..

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Well, it's all fun and games. I mean, they're never going to honor an obscure film, and their tastes are often suspect, but they try their best to honor the best when crap doesn't get in the way. :)

They did a better-than-average job nominating films this year. Even the one Hollywood film this year, "A Beautiful Mind," was excellent. Everything else was made outside the LA system ("Gosford Park," "LOTR," and "Moulin Rouge" were made in foreign countries, all of them either written or directed by a foreigner, and "In the Bedroom" was an independent film), so that should please you, ys. Or have you not seen any of the movies and just dismissing them on principle? :)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,117 Posts
I believe that nomination of LOTR is again that hype factor. It does not belong to here.

·
Enemy of Art
14,039 Posts
Okay. Have you seen "In the Bedroom"? "Iris," with three actors nominated? "Gosford Park"? Would you even be able to appreciate comedy?

What about "Amelie"? I know you enjoyed that film very much. Perhaps it didn't get Best Picture or Best Actress, but it was honored by the writers, the cinematographers, and the editors, and is almost a lock for Outstanding Foreign Language Film. Isn't that a step in the right direction, in your opinion?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
10,772 Posts
It's not neccassarily a lock for best foreign film : No Man's Land (Bosnia-Herzegovina) is apparently bloody amazing

·
Banned
5,664 Posts
The only true Awards are the SAG's..the rest are personality contests, backed by big studio money.

·
Registered
11,268 Posts
Judi Dench is by far the best actress on that list but she won't get the award. The others aren't good enough to be mentioned in the same breath as her.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts