Groenefeld-Peer

Dementieva-Santangelo
Shaughnessy-Garbin
Lisicki-Bremond
bye-Petrova

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
If Nadia does not make the semis with this draw...:help: Nadia has got to win this tournament again in order to be guranteed a top 8 seeding at Roland Garros. Points from the Italian Open do not count towards Rolang Garros, so an exceptional showing in Berlin is crucial.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
not the worst draw ;)

gonna play vs Lena D and Kuzzy but on clay Nadia is a way stronger than they are now ;)

go Nadia! :hearts:

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nadia will have to play much better than in Warsaw to beat anybody.

·
14,092 Posts
If Nadia does not make the semis with this draw...:help: Nadia has got to win this tournament again in order to be guranteed a top 8 seeding at Roland Garros. Points from the Italian Open do not count towards Rolang Garros, so an exceptional showing in Berlin is crucial.
Hmm, I didn't know that. I'm not very positive about Nadia's chances here. I just don't see her getting back into her old form (clay court season 06) in time for this tournament. I don't know, clay is her best surface maybe the easy draw will help. Regardless, I just hope no nagging injury is in sight.

Nadia will have to play much better than in Warsaw to beat anybody.
Yep definitely. No more mental breakdowns against players like Santangelo. :help:

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Top 8 at RG doesn't matter. Serena won't be top 8 either.
Nadia probably won't be in the top 10 after this tournament. But she only has 118 points to defend for 5 months after Berlin.

So Nadia will be moving back up the rankings all spring and summer, if she stays healthy

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nadia and Sveta practiced together. Their doubles match was rained out again.

·
Registered
27,356 Posts
Court 1 (from 10.00hrs)
1. Bammer vs. Roesch (To finish 1-3)
2. Brémond vs. Petrova
3. Müller vs. Peer
4. Rezai or Medina Garrigues vs. Jankovic
5. Husarova/Shaughnessy vs. Ivanovic/Kirilenko

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nadia beat Bremond 64 62. A good start for the defending champion.

·
Registered
27,356 Posts
Defending champion Nadia Petrova easily advanced to the next round, defeating Frenchwoman Severine Bremond 6-4, 6-2. “I’m just glad that I’m through this first match here in Berlin”, Petrova disclosed. “Winning the 2006 tournament means that the people in Berlin recognize me, I can see my face everywhere on posters and tickets. I would be glad to go all the way again this year.”

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a rain delay with Nadia serving to Lena 63 21 40-40.

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
Nadia should close it. Lena still didn't have a break point in match and it means that Nadia'a serve must be really good today ;)

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nadia beat Lena 63 63 and plays Sveta in a QF. Then they play doubles

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
very good win :D

Sveta is gonna be tougher but still I expect Nadia to come through :bounce:

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a really interesting match coming up. Nadia won 3 clay tournaments last year, and Sveta reached the RG final.
2 of the best clay courters in a Tier I QF.

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nadia lost to Sveta 67(5) 46. Nadia now has only 118 points to defend for 5 months. She had her chances today. Just a little more improvement needed for RG.

·
Registered
115,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm glad Nadia is getting out of Berlin healthy. Winning those clay tournaments last year wore her down. Now she's played less. One last tournament before RG.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts