·
Premium Member
182,033 Posts
Yari :sad: :( :(

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,718 Posts
Yes very well done and good fight by Andrea. :yeah:

I can't however given all the circumstances of this match say I am that disappointed. Yari came into this match with a pectoral injury which forced her to retire last week. I think it showed in that Yari wasn't winning her service games like one might have hoped. On the other hand Yari was still handling her service points alot better than against Anna Lapushchenkova last week so that was a good thing.

And I certainly do not want to underestimate Andrea. She came into this match in very fine form having reached the final in Torrent only to lose to the very promising Raluca-Ioana Olaru 6-4 in the third. Also Andrea had beaten Yari twice before in Germany on clay. Those matches took place 2005 and Andrea won 1-6 6-1 6-2 in Darmstadt and 4-6 7-5 6-0 in Hechingen. This match was much tighter in the later stages than Yari's previous two encounters with Andrea so one can't really count it as a bad result, especially coming off an injury and with Andrea in some nice form. I am proud of the way Yari fought too actually.

I'm very pleased to see Yari was able to compete for 3 sets. For me that's what mattered the most today. Next for Yari is going to be Istanbul and with two more weeks of rest I'm cautiously hopeful Yari will be able to get a couple of wins there. :)

As for Andrea, she is playing well. She should qualify and I wish her good luck in doing so and hope she has some success in the main draw. :yeah:

·
Registered
21,146 Posts
Yari :sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts